Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Which do you think would be more effective is preventing acne, Differin or dan's bp? I still have red marks and a bit of acne but I'm using dan's bp. I use Differin a couple of times a week at night instead of dan's bp but if I only used Differin would it be less effective?

The Differin will help unclog pores or prevent them from clogging in the first place. BP kills the bacteria (not as good at unclogging pores though). So, they really have different functions for controlling acne. I'm not sure if either of them really helps red marks though? I have mostly blocked pores and a few small blemishes with minimal inflammation and a few red marks - I am trying a combination of differin + mandelic acid.

The differin has a clear advantage clinically. People think BP is better because it works within 4 days. Differin starts to work within about 4 weeks, and maximum at 6 weeks. It's terrific stuff though. It's something fast acting but not as good versus. something alot better but you have to wait forever.

If you don't want to wait so long, go on some minocycline while using differin. After 6 weeks, stop the antibiotics and the differinwill act on it's own.

Or you could use both. Apparently that has good effects too. Try googling Benzoyl peroxide vs adapalene. It might have some trials.

I liked the Differin cream (not the gel) all the creams Ive tried. I havent tried Dans regimen, but Ive tried 5% bp and 10% bp, differin cream, and differin gel, and everything except for the differin cream totally dried me up and made my skin look even worse. I think the bp is more effective than the differin, though.

Right now Im using a klindamycin cream in the morning and differin at night, and I think thats a really good combination, but most of my acne will probably come back once I stop using the antibiotics. You could also combine the differin with antibiotic pills. Or you could try using bp in the morning and differin at night.

I liked the Differin cream (not the gel) all the creams Ive tried. I havent tried Dans regimen, but Ive tried 5% bp and 10% bp, differin cream, and differin gel, and everything except for the differin cream totally dried me up and made my skin look even worse. I think the bp is more effective than the differin, though.

Right now Im using a klindamycin cream in the morning and differin at night, and I think thats a really good combination, but most of my acne will probably come back once I stop using the antibiotics. You could also combine the differin with antibiotic pills. Or you could try using bp in the morning and differin at night.

I am finding the differin gel to be somewhat drying too - it may be too much combined with the mandelic. Does the differin cream really work better at preventing dryness? I'm considering asking my derm to switch me to the cream. Any idea if there is a difference in effectiveness between the gel and the cream?