Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

It could be the accutane but it could be what you are eating. A lot of things can cause intestinal gas: beans, various vegetables, garlic, etc.

Accutane (Isotretinion)

Generic name: Isotretinion

Is widely used in the treatment of severe nodular acne, primarily in adolescents.

Read about an natural supplement that is being recommended by many health care professionals.

Click here for details

Accutane Side Effects

as reported by "The PDR® Family Guide To Prescription Drugs®"

Most important fact about this drug:

Because Accutane can cause severe birth defects, including mental retardation and physical malformations, a woman must not become pregnant while taking it. If you are a woman of childbearing age, your doctor will ask you to sign a detailed consent form before you start taking Accutane. If you accidentally become pregnant while taking the medication, you should immediately consult your doctor.

More common accutane side effects may include:

Conjunctivitis (``pinkeye''), dry or fragile skin, dry or cracked lips, dry mouth, dry nose, itching, joint pains, nosebleed

Less common accutane side effects may include:

Bowel inflammation and pain, chest pain, decreased night vision, decreased tolerance to contact lenses, delay in wound healing, depression, fatigue, headache, nausea, peeling palms or soles, rash, skin infections, stomach and intestinal discomfort, sunburn-sensitive skin, thinning hair, urinary discomfort, vision problems, vomiting.

Some people taking Accutane, including some who simultaneously took tetracycline, have experienced headache, nausea, and visual disturbances caused by increased pressure within the skull. See a doctor immediately if you have these symptoms; if the doctor finds swelling of the optic nerve at the back of your eye, you must stop taking Accutane at once and see a neurologist for further care.

Be careful driving at night. Some people have experienced a sudden decrease in night vision.

Some people taking Accutane have had problems regulating their blood sugar level.

You may not be able to tolerate your contact lenses during and after your therapy with Accutane.

You should stop taking Accutane immediately if you have abdominal pain, bleeding from the rectum, or severe diarrhea. You may have an inflammatory disease of the bowel.

You should not donate blood during your therapy with Accutane and for a month after you stop taking it.

uh, anyway.... if you are taking fish oil, that causes it... i know for a fact

but accutane.... i dont think so...... lay off the taco bell

Lol susan, don't even bother listing the side effects. I went to the pharmacy one day, and I'm like, my face is red; why? Answer: roaccutane. I go another, I have a really pale face; why? Answer: Roaccutane.

Another time. I said I was feeling really anxious and up-tight/stressed. Answer? Roaccutane.

And another time, I was feeling really tired for no reason. Answer? You bet, roaccutane.

That drug has every possible side-effect under the sun.

"uh, anyway.... if you are taking fish oil, that causes it... i know for a fact"

Yep, it's full of this acidic stuff. I tasted it (pricked it), and well, yeah.

If it's still bothering you, eat some greasy stuff to lube the digestive tract. The roaccutane inhibits the release of oils for your digestive system. In other words, it's easier to get an upset stomach. A greasy maccas chips couldn't hurt every now and then. Just try it. And if that doesn't work, try pro-biotics.