Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I need information on this. I just got prescribed it today, and like I know all the side effects. But I wanna know like how it works, and what I can use while on it. Should I still use BP or TTO or SA? Im confused!

It depends on the individual.

I never had any success with any antibiotic treatment for acne. There are many people here who will swear by it. I think it's a bad idea for long term use and there's tons of medical studies to prove that.

As for Sulfa, some people respond well to it. I had an allergic reaction, broke out it hives and got severe migraines -- and it still didn't clear me up. You won't know how you do until you try it.

Well, this sucks, lol, I'm not allergic to anything but trees. asshole trees..... anybody not allergic to it who has a success story to make me feel better....... :doubt:

Well, this sucks, lol, I'm not allergic to anything but trees. asshole trees..... anybody not allergic to it who has a success story to make me feel better....... :doubt:

Oh don't worry about it. I recall a guy here from a long time ago who was taking Bactrim, and he kept a photo log of his progress. His progress was fantastic, he went from moderate-severe acne to clear. I think SULFA drugs actually have the ability to work better than normal antibiotics.

I'm fairly certain you can still use your topicals. Are you going to a dermatologist?