Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have loads of whitehead spots which look really horrible! Should I pop them or shall I leave them alone? Will the spots clear up if I leave them and not touch them at all? HELP!!!

It depends. There is a proper way to pop pimples and a bad way. The

"big squeeze" technique isn't a good idea. If you really need to pop them or want to get a needle and put it over a flame, to sterilize it. Then lightly prick the top of the pimple and with your fingers covered with some toilet paper or tissue to put pressure on the sides of the pimple until all the white stuff comes out. When you start seeing blood or white ooze, stop. Then clean the area with something like hyrdogen peroxide and let it scab.

Or, you could try to make them dry out so you don't get a redmark or scar.

Right now I am trying to make my white heads dry out. I only pop the ones on my forehead or lip area because they don't scar or leave redmarks there as easily. The ones on my cheeks usually always leave redmarks, so I leave those alone.

So yeah, you have two choices. I think it depends on where the whiteheads are and how big.

I have loads of whitehead spots which look really horrible! Should I pop them or shall I leave them alone? Will the spots clear up if I leave them and not touch them at all? HELP!!!

I only pop when I absolutely HAVE to do something and just can't bear to have a huge whitehead. If you can manage not to pop it, I say hold off.

when you pop/pick, you risk infecting the surrounding area (no matter how careful you are). popping may get rid of one spot, but you'll probably get a few more in a day or two. so the sooner you break the cycle, the sooner youll see the benefits. its soo tempting to pick, but anyone will tell you that as soon as they stopped picking, they saw immediate, dramatic improvement.

when you pop/pick, you risk infecting the surrounding area (no matter how careful you are). popping may get rid of one spot, but you'll probably get a few more in a day or two. so the sooner you break the cycle, the sooner youll see the benefits. its soo tempting to pick, but anyone will tell you that as soon as they stopped picking, they saw immediate, dramatic improvement.

Agreed. I feel it's almost impossible to get 100% if you pick and squeeze because you will continue the cycle. The sooner you stop picking the sooner you will clear up.

PLus, picking increases chances of red marks and scars that can last years or longer.

I always popped and now my skin is almost totally clear.

My secret: apply polysporin ANTIBIOTIC(kills the bacteria)+VITAMIN E(prevent scaring and heal faster) before popping and after.

Plus, as soon as you see a red spot and you suspect it to be a futurepimple, apply polysporin on it, it'll almost certainly go away.

See, these opinions show that either:

1. If you pop it may get worse.

2. If you do nothing it will getter better.

3. Unsure.

Some things work for some and some work for others.

So, you go with what you feel is right for you.