Notifications
Clear all

natural toothpaste

MemberMember
(@remember4)

Posted : 05/06/2006 8:18 am

are there any harmful ingredients in traditional toothpaste? "natural" toothpastes are a lot more expensive, but i'm willing to pay the extra money if there's a health benefit.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 05/06/2006 10:35 am

Here's a good thread from a while back that goes into some of the stuff you are interested in...hope it helps!!

Read Here

MemberMember
(@labgirl81)

Posted : 05/06/2006 5:37 pm

If you are prone to canker sores (little painful mouth ulcers)....watch out for SLS (sodium lauryl sulfate) in toothpaste......it can irritate the mucosal lining of the mouth and cause mouth ulcers..........this is the leading cause of recurring canker sores.......

Other than that I think flouride is okay.....as long as you don't swalllow your toothpaste........

MemberMember
(@ariventa)

Posted : 05/06/2006 5:40 pm

As far as acne goes, regular toothpaste gave me a bunch of little clogged pores around my mouth. When I awicthed to a natural toothpaste, the bumps subsided a significant amount so I stick with the natural now.

MemberMember
(@ell-2)

Posted : 05/06/2006 5:45 pm

are there any harmful ingredients in traditional toothpaste? "natural" toothpastes are a lot more expensive, but i'm willing to pay the extra money if there's a health benefit.

If you ever want to check your products to find out if they have any harmful ingredients, check out this site.

Its amazing and has almost every product on it. I use it often.

Link to site

MemberMember
(@flipside)

Posted : 05/06/2006 8:02 pm

toothpaste is a completely unnecessary product

dont believe the hype

just brush with water

and floss every night

MemberMember
(@floss)

Posted : 05/08/2006 12:38 pm

OMG! Don't you end up with really bad breath though?

I know a girl who just uses sodium bicarbonate.

MemberMember
(@harn123)

Posted : 11/08/2017 2:52 am

On 5/6/2006 at 9:18 AM, remember4 said:

I do not think there is anything harmful in natural toothpaste but yeah they are expensive. If you are looking to buy then i would recommend you to check [Natural Toothpaste Brands]

MemberMember
(@tania-crowe)

Posted : 11/09/2017 5:48 am

When choosing a toothpaste, consider your specific needs. Has your dentist recommended whitening, cavity prevention, sensitivity reduction, dry mouth relief or another specific goal for your smile? Choose a toothpaste based on the recommendations of your dentist.