Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dan

Post your POSITIVE Scar treatment results here

hi, just to let everyone know I had a diamond fraise dermabrasion 1 week ago which is healing very nicely.

I went to the doctor this morning he said I'm going to have 90% improvement which I can't wait to see

I've been dealing with scars mostly ice pick scars for 12 years  now I can't wait to look in the mirror and not notice them anymore

I've done peels with my doctor and also artecoll to fill but nothing worked like this but the others did improve my skin

good luck to all

hi, just to let everyone know I had a diamond fraise dermabrasion 1 week ago which is healing very nicely.

I went to the doctor this morning he said I'm going to have 90% improvement which I can't wait to see

I've been dealing with scars mostly ice pick scars for 12 years  now I can't wait to look in the mirror and not notice them anymore

I've done peels with my doctor and also artecoll to fill but nothing worked like this but the others did improve my skin

good luck to all

Hi heidi,

To me, 90% improvement after 1 diamond fraise dermabrasion seems a bit unrealistic. I wonder if this doctor was talking out of his mouth or his ass. eusa_think.gif

I really have no respect for doctors who exaggerate like that to get a patient to pay for a procedure and create false expectations. It's happened to me for CO2 laser and Cooltouch before I discovered this forum. I find more reliable information here than I would from a dermatologist sometimes.

Icepicks might improve some with a dermabrasion but you'll likely need to treat them with TCA cross, punch floats, or needling them individually. I wish you a speedy recovery and hope you are doing well.

good luck to all

Hi heidi,

To me, 90% improvement after 1 diamond fraise dermabrasion seems a bit unrealistic. I wonder if this doctor was talking out of his mouth or his ass. eusa_think.gif

I really have no respect for doctors who exaggerate like that to get a patient to pay for a procedure and create false expectations. It's happened to me for CO2 laser and Cooltouch before I discovered this forum. I find more reliable information here than I would from a dermatologist sometimes.

Icepicks might improve some with a dermabrasion but you'll likely need to treat them with TCA cross, punch floats, or needling them individually. I wish you a speedy recovery and hope you are doing well.

I thought it would be interesting to compare new procedures and % of improvements to what they were 2-3 years ago, and to see if the posters still feel that their results held up. Also, to give hope for real solutions for acne scars.

Rolling scars-shallow and mid deep/ a few box cars/large pores.

2005: Dermabrasion-made them more noticable and opened my pores.

2006: 5 rounds of fraxel 1, highest setting 20, - did nothing for scars, gave me hyperpigmanation.

2007: considering a light pass with featherlite co2 laser, maybe subcision before the co2.

I just finished reading this old thread and would like to know how everybody feels about some of the treatments they had a couple of years ago also. I'm about to start Smoothbeam with Dr. Del Campo and I have heard alot of good things about this doctor from the people on this site.

I'll one-up everyone and tell the pricing I paid for each. I'm not including otc stuff, like the cp/exfol/weekly peels, and stuff like that.

Example: - procedure; how many times; cost; how long ago (so you know the long haul); effectiveness; notes

-smoothbeam; 5x; $340 each; over a 5 month span (march 2006-july 2006); Maybe 10 % realistically; Cleared my acne really good. The 10 % I'm talking about the scars. My doctor was hot as hell too. Oh ya, the acne cleared up, but it's not permanent. So change your lifestyle and diet, exercise, drink water blah blah blah or you'll go right back to the hell you just crawled out from.

-microdermabrasion; 13x; $90-105 each; Probably in 2003; 0%, Don't kid yourself. My doctor said she could work wonders w/ these little baby, baby shallow scars on my cheekbone. Well, she was wrong. Didn't help w/ acne either. Here again, my doctor was hot. ***I'd say microderm is for people w/ flawless skin, who just to clean up a bit, like if they have blackheads. If you have pretty bad acne or scars, don't even waste your time OR cash.***

-laser (co2, i think); 1 time; $6,000 (yeah, dude. six thousand, not including airfare, hotel, taxis, food, etc...); january 2005. 10 %. This was one year post-accutane, but my doctor said no worries. I was also told 70% improvement. lies, lies. lot of blood for 3-4 days. REALLY embarassing to walk around (busy city).

-subcision; 4 or 5x; $300-400 each; some in 2005, some last year; probly 10%, closer to the 10.

OH yeah, the important part, my scarring type. I have saucers around my chin and along my jawline, maybe 10-20. And of course, the dreaded temple area. I also have rolling scarring, varying in degrees. No icepicks, I don't think.

Hi everyone, I haven't posted here for a while but I do check in regularly for a quick look. I just want to share my good news and maybe offer an avenue for scar revision for anyone who may be reading this.

I have scars all over my face. They were shallow but obvious; rolling and lots and lots of scarred pores. Depressingly, whenever new people came up to talk to me, their eyes would inevitably wander over my scarred face. Now, it has to be bad lighting for this to happen (my lift at work is bad). Anyway, my scars have improved by at least 50% by 1 session of needling with a roller by a dr, using a home roller each night and Retin-A.

For anyone who may be interested, my current regimen is the home roller at night, followed by green cream 9 (fantastic stuff). In the morning I apply vit c serum before I moisturise, which my docs sells, and to speed up healing and I get red-light therapy once a week at my doctors which also promotes faster healing.

I also wear mineral make up so my face doesn't have to deal with make up chemicals while its repairing itself although if I'm going out somewhere special, I'll wear traditional make-up on my t-zone and blend with minerals to get more coverage.

As I said, my scars have improved by at least 50%. And they are continuing to improve. I don't think any of them have disappeared completely but they are dramatically less noticeable, more shallow and my tone and skin colour for the first time in my adult life looks human. I plan on getting at least 2 more sessions. I am very happy with needling. It's nice to look almost normal and it has made me feel a bit more confident again.

The only down side I would say is that my skin gets a bit dry at times from the green cream although its much gentler than the Retin-A I used to use. Moisturising well rectifies this (I thought I should include a negative for any cynics reading this).

For anyone in Sydney, my doc charges a very reasonable price, $275 for the 1st session and $200 for any following. PM me if you would like her details. I have been very happy with her service and prices. My weekly red-light sessions are on medicare, the needling session partly rebated and her products reasonably priced. On top of this, the dr and none of her staff have tried to push any products or treatments onto me.

One more thing, my laugh lines around my eyes have gone from using the Retin-A and green cream and its made me look younger. Added bonus!

i just got collagen injections (two syringes) for mildish rollling scars on my cheeks, some ice pick scars, and overall rough skin texture.

the scars are not completely gone and it didnt do much for the ice picks, but the volume that the collagen gave to my face is amazing. its made everything look so much better.

its the only thing to date thats given me a result that i'm happy with. i think fillers (depending on your scar type) rock. it just makes sense and now i have first hand knowledge.

i've had: IPL (total waste of money), dermabrasion (did some good but nothing to write home about), and yag lasers (got some results but very mild and really expensive).

depending on your scar type, i think fillers are the way to go. yes they go away and you have to keep getting them done, but, as we all know, if you find something that works, money is irrelevant.

after talking to a friend (girl) of mine on how much she spends on hair, makeup, facials, skin and bath products, nails, waxing, perfume, and all that other stuff chicks buy every year, i realized that getting collagen every 3-4 months costs way less than what she's shelling out.

BabyBoy

Fraxel SR 1500 Laser (five treatments)

Judge for yourself:

Are these photo's of you? You had great results if they are. I didn't receive any results. But maybe that's because I had Fraxel 1 and the doc was scared to go over 20, even though I begged.

Who was your doc? How many passes, setting on the machine? Thanks

BabyBoy

Judge for yourself:

Are these photo's of you? You had great results if they are. I didn't receive any results. But maybe that's because I had Fraxel 1 and the doc was scared to go over 20, even though I begged.

BabyBoy

Judge for yourself:

i've seen these photos online. could coincidentally be the poster, but i doubt it.

BabyBoy

Judge for yourself:

i've seen these photos online. could coincidentally be the poster, but i doubt it.

BabyBoy

Judge for yourself:

Hi, I was wondering why he did not respone to my ?. I even pm him with no response.

How much is one smooth beam session in the US? Any downtime or flaking of skin and is the laser also known as Nd Yag? Thank!!

For me it was 200 bucks a session. All I had was a little redness that lasted for a couple hours. Also my face felt really sensitive, but thats it.

also some people get a breakout after each smoothbeam session, but i didnt.