Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dan

Post your POSITIVE Scar treatment results here

This thread is for Treatment Results only. If you have other comments or questions please use the Board. Post your results like this:

YOUR NAME OR NICKNAME/YOUR TREATMENT/YOUR RESULTS

EXAMPLE: JOHN DOE/CO2 LASER RESURFACING/40% TOTAL IMPROVEMENT OVERALL

(Thanks to Skinny from the scar boards for suggesting and writing this post)

OK - I'll start!

My skin early 2003: Relatively smooth, but around 70/90 pitted scars mainly on cheeks and forehead, typical of cystic breakouts. Around 25 are big ice pick/boxscar types (no rolling ones) and very obvious - these are right in the centre of my cheeks mainly (so, impossible to hide.)

2 Needling (needle dermabrasion) sessions early 2003 with daily use of copper peptides and isotrex (retin-a) gel produced around 10 - 20% improvement. http://acne.org/messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=354

2 part-face subcisions and 4-N-lites in the last few months have produced another 10% improvement.

Punch excision has provided some good results on some deep boxcsars/ice picks and some very bad results on others: - this is the thread: http://acne.org/messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=6590

End of October 2003 - self treated 50 pits with 50% TCA - this is looking very, very promising! : Starts on page 8: http://acne.org/messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=5610

http://acne.org/messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=12627

Will edit and update this post as I continue my procedures.

To date, I would say I have 50% improvement (which can also be attributed to supplements, diet, excercise and topicals - please read my regimen)

My most important scar revision procedure to date is TCA Cross Method.

Edited 21st November 2003 to include updates.

Hello!

Four treatments of N-Lite in the same zone- At this moment, 40 % of improvement, but i hope more. Last time i do it it was at very high energy, and my face looks redness but without the rolling scar ( i know that this is only the effect of the first days, later it will come, but lower).

Doesn't works for me: AHA (one year using it, nule improvemet), sun

5 smoothbeam treatments (level 12), four vbeams - 45%-50% improvement.

Just started doing vinegar and drinking liquid silica. Plannning on doing about three more smoothbeams in scarred areas only in about five weeks.

Scar types: some shallow icepicks, a handful of boxcars, and various depths of rolling scars

Treatment: CO2 Laser. At first, about 30-40% improvement. This was several years ago ('99) and I've aged a bit since then, and therefore I've lost collagen. I would say down to 10% improvement.

Treatment: Subcision/N-Lite. I would estimate about 10% improvement. Improvement may decrease as swelling decreases. You may view the thread I started here for more detailed information: http://acne.org/messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=3132

Treatment: Two sessions of Needling.I have grown weary of estimating percentages, but I have experienced noticeable improvement.

Treatment: TCA CROSS.I have done this a couple of times thus far on a few scars. Results not final as yet.

Current Regimen:

- Cleanse with Purpose Liquid (morning and evening)

- SPF Protection with Paula's Choice Essential Non-Greasy Sunscreen SPF 15, morning)

- Tone with Paula's Choice Toner for Normal to Oily Skin (evening)

- Peel about once a week (or less frequently) with 40% Lactic Acid from Makeup Artists Choice.

- Moisturize with ReFine Serum a few times per week (includes ALA & DMAE as well as other ingredients: http://www.virilife.com/dmae-skin-serum.html)

- Spot treat pimples (if I have any) with Serious Skin Care Dry-Lo OR Dan's BP Gel(evening)

*edited by OursFan with updates 10/2/04*

Guest niko

Scars: mild to moderate craters- lower cheeks

Treatment: One light needling, just had my fourth smoothbeam yesterday. Levels 10,13,13,14. Weekly Lactic peels (50%) daily CP. also BP for acne.

Results- Have yeilded 50-60% improvement-almost there. Smoothbeam did the majority.

Local TCA peel (cross method) for ice pick scars--one treatment--8weeks later--some scars gone and others improved=30-40% improvment

Subsicion for rolling scars--one treatment--8weeks later--all are improved=20-30% improvment

Both treatments were done by Dr Rapaport Fort in Lee NJ.

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

Here goes:

Current regimen:

1. Daily 3.5%BP Neutrogena facewash

2. Daily 2.5% Neutrogena

3. Trireduction basic twice-three times a week (just got it a couple weeks ago).

4. Neutrogena Salicyclic acid pad 2%

5. Neutrogena AHA multivitamin with Spf15 (haven't done it within the last couple weeks though).

6. Stop using the regular copper peptide after getting the trireduction.

7. Glycolic 30%

I dropped the hydroquinone from my regimen.

Improvements- the one I noticed the most was when I started using BP, the neutrogenea AHA and glycolic for the first three weeks. I started this whole thing in June 2003.

Improvements:

Overall scars: 0-10%

Jawline: Smoothness to touch- up to 60%. Redness- up to 40-50% also (I notice the improvement when going to the multiple mirror in the dressing room like at the mall. my back cheek/jaw used to be REALLY red and bad looking. Now I see shallow indented marks, some with light faded marks. But again- the smoothness to touch is vastly improved.

Skin tone: 10-15%

I notice that I go through that cycle when sometimes my skin is reaaally clear and suddenly you feel that all the marks/reds/impurities resurfaced. Sometimes I break out here and there (just one or two cystic acne) and it takes a long time for me to get rid of the marks.

Microdermabrasion and Peels - 5 - 10% - Very good machine and concentrated focus upon deeper scars - 40% improvement in texture

Skin Needling - 90-100% - All scars needled improved to this degree regardless of type includind enlarged pores, shallow ice picks and rolling scars - only 70% of my scars were needled due to sunburn - HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

I'll edit this post if the situation changes - As it is only 3 days since my needling but im very confident the change is permanent.

Here are my results.

1. 2 N lite sessions in the last 2 months. A month after the first (setting was 2.5) , my scars had already started filling in (according to Dr Chu).

2.subcision about 4 weeks ago.My husband noticed that a lot of the scars have filled in about 50%.

I'll repeat the whole process in 3 weeks.

I'm 34 years old. I have rolling scars. Some pitted ,some shallow.All on my cheeks.. My skin texture is fine but in some areas the pores are visible.

I haven't taken any vitamins for the past 6 months but I eat very well.I don't smoke or drink.

I avoid putting ANYTHING on my face.However, for the past 2 months I've been using isotrexin for 1 hour/night.

MY RESULTS

SYMPTOMS:

Moderate scarring from acne/chicken pox/trauma. Mostly ice pick and rolling scars.

TREATMENT HISTORY:

1990 (age 25): Punch grafts for six ice pick scars

Some healed well, others became hypertrophic. 50% overall improvement.

1996 (age 31): Co2 laser

50+% improvement for trauma scars, 0-20% improvement for remaining ice pick/hypertrophic scars

1998 (age 33): Combination dermabrasion/laser-brasion

70+% improvement for trauma scars, 60-90+% improvement for remaining ice pick/hypertrophic scars

2000 (age 35):

Collagen injections in both cheeks to smooth out remaining imperfections.

END RESULT:

2003 (age 38):

Scars from trauma still visible, but are much less pronounced.

Evidence of acne scarring remains, but one must look very closely in order to see it.

Skin tone relatively smooth and even, especially on the right side.

Skin not perfect, but much better than it was when I began treatment 13 years ago.

Red spots dramatically reduced by Skin Success Fade Cream bought at Walgreens for about $5. Only downside is that the fumes irritate my eyes when I put the stuff on my cheeks. But the irritation is worth it IMO and goes away after an a half hour.

Acne scars-shallow, depressed- with 1 large, depressed scar 1cm left cheek. Most of these occurred after Accutane 2001-2002

Daily: mornings-

Mary Kay Deep Cleanser

Neutrogena Alcohol-free Toner

Exfol Serum

CP Serum

Evenings-

Retin A .025%

Exfol Cream to large scar only

Tri-Reduction Cream to large scar only

CPserum, TriReduction and Exfol Serum/Cream - 40% imrovement

3x/week-

Phisoderm Masque

(Just began Pure Deming Mini-Peel and Intense gel)- good products

Fall 2002-Spring 2003 - Collagen injections - 0%- filled in depressed scar for few days

Summer & Fall- Restylane injections- 30% temporary improvement

4/03 IPL laser spot treatment - 1 treatment - 10% - improved some hyperpigmentation and texture

5/03 to present- Cool Touch II spot treatment- 8 treatments- It has been 6 months now - 30% improvement. (Very slow and gradual)

8/03 to present - "sub-needling" (my version of self needling/subcision) about once/month- 40-50% improvement

Every day and night -PRAY that something works!!! O:)

Sapphire

Traditional Dermabrasion: 10% improvement on scars

Laser resurfacing: 15% improvement in some areas; others look worse or no improvement at all

Microdermabrasion: 0% improvement

Glycolic Acid 10% cream/good improvement on red marks

Mandelic Acid 15% lotion/good improvement on red marks

I have had 4 needling sessions for my scars. My results are at least 80 percent improved. Here is a tip about needling, don't let the person that is needling your face numb it with any cream. Result are much better when no numbing cream is used. Just had another needling done, Looking better and better every time I get treatment. I'm going next month for another and that will be it for 6 months. I hope the improvement continues.

CO2 Laser and Erbium Yag Laser/Total of 50% Improvement.

Since I'm light skinned, there was no pigmentation problems.

Going in for another EYL treatment in January.

proactiv skin brightening lotion.

it did very well. however took 2 weeks to see improvements.

dimished my brown scars. i think in 1 month or so, my skin will be clear.

Smoothbeam treatments have really worked for me. I have Smoothbeam treatments every 5 weeks or so in my problem areas..... i think I have had 6 treatments already.

I would say 90% improvement, but most importantly, psychologically, my scars don't bother me anymore. Once I saw like 60-75% improvement, I stopped worrying about them because I knew they would get better with time and more treatment. My confidence is higher than ever now, just like it used to be before my scars started forming.

I still get some breakouts every now and then, but it's all small surface level stuff, no deep down cystic stuff.

BTW, Smoothbeam done by Dr. Del Campo in Chicago. Love that man and his staff!

chitown

wow 90% thats supurb!

im really really glad things are looking up for you!

i have some scars that have come from a horrible breakout in the past couple months. shallow saucer types, and a few ice pics.

i was wondering what kind scars you had and how deep? thanks a lot!

Actualy my friend had a procedure called "Laser Peal" done to her face which got rid of the deep pitted scaring on her chin in one session. Laser Peal is considered plastic surgery though so it costs allot, as in the starting price is around $2000 US. Though expensive It may be some peoples only choice if there skin isnt producing Collagen.

Mare. Glycolic peels 30 % occasionally and microdermabrasion occasionally as well. Improvement 10%

The two in combination done once 50% improvment.

Retisol A .25 &.50 daily for 5 years. 30% improvement.

Aging and just healing by your bodies own resources 20% sorry but that's sometimes what it takes.

Mainly rolling scars and large pore.

2 Needling Sessions on 2 of my biggest scars on the left cheek 20-30% improvement.

6 Smoothbeam treatments Lev14 all my face..

large pores 80-90% improvement

rolling scars 40-50% improvement.

going to do a few more SB, and then top it off with a CO2 or Dermabrasion