Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Swift05

Skin Needling in Southern CA

Hey everyone,

Just to help out anyone who is interested in getting a needling session done in Southern CA. A woman by the name of Susan Church of the International Institute of Permanent Cosmetics located in Irvine/Newport Beach area performs this procedure quite well. I have just finished my 2nd session today, prior to my first session a year ago.

My scars consists of rolling and boxcar type scars that I would consider to be shallow. Based on my results, from the first session I can say that there has been good improvement in the depth of the scars. I can only sit back and wait to hope the progress will continue. :pray:

If anyone has any questions about my experience, or about the clinic itself please feel free to ask, afterall, I'd like to help out others as much as you all have helped me. :angel:

Hey everyone,

Just to help out anyone who is interested in getting a needling session done in Southern CA. A woman by the name of Susan Church of the International Institute of Permanent Cosmetics located in Irvine/Newport Beach area performs this procedure quite well. I have just finished my 2nd session today, prior to my first session a year ago.

My scars consists of rolling and boxcar type scars that I would consider to be shallow. Based on my results, from the first session I can say that there has been good improvement in the depth of the scars. I can only sit back and wait to hope the progress will continue. :pray:

If anyone has any questions about my experience, or about the clinic itself please feel free to ask, afterall, I'd like to help out others as much as you all have helped me. :angel:

I live in Southern california and is very interested in this.

Can you tell me how much she charges for this?

Thanks,

Yes, she charges $200 an hr. But Let's say you only need a sector of your face done and it will only take 15-20 minutes, she will deduct a percentage out of the amount of time it should only take. She also teaches classes on this skin needling technique, and if anyone was to get their procedure done during her class sessions in front of her students a 50% discount will be given.

I'll be more than happy to keep you guys updated with my progress. So far, the redness has gone away since thursday afternoon. The red patch of scars that were needled on my left cheek show a "pink" color now. I'm assuming my skin will go back to it's normal color by tomorrow at this rate.

One thing that I do notice different since my first needling session was that, now there is a "plumpyness" still present on the sector that was needled. I am aware that the "plump" look is only temporary. I just feel excited since I did not get this "plumpy" appearance the first session, but is present now. :D I have also read from other peoples experience that the needling results will only get better after the first or second session. Let's hope so, ahaha...but so far so good.

Hopefully it will maintain this way, but only time will tell.

My skin type: oily skin (shines rather quickly) tan complexion, not that it matters but I'm Filipino to give you all a better visualization.

Hey Swift.

I've had two sessions with Susan also. First in mid March and second on 20th of April. Now I am waiting til second week of June for the third. I honestly do not see any improvement as of yet...BUT I do not think that that means I won't see improvement over the next few months. Susan took lots of pictures, so hopefully I can get a copy and post them in a couple months. Do you have any pictures?

Keep us updated with your progress!

Okay it's day 4 since my second needling session. My skin still has a "slight" amount of pink color throughout the patch of scars that were needled. Plumpyness still appears, I do notice that the patch of scars that were needled on feels a lot more "firm", and "tight" compared to my right cheek that feels normal and "relaxed".

Based on my observation, it's tough to say that the scars have improved yet, but due to the plumpyness it definitely helps with the appearance of the scars. Due to the "lifting" effect that is noticeable.

Yes, Susan took before pictures of me as well. But I'll have to think about considering to post them (the last thing I would want is one of my friends posting this link on Myspace indicating that it's my face on here :shifty: ...ahahah.

I'll try to update this post atleast once a week since I have finals coming up.

Alright everyone it has been approximately one week since my second needling session. As an update, my skin color is back to it's normal color, no more light pinkish color or any sign of needling done on either of my cheeks.

The area of my left cheek that was mainly needled to give you all a better idea of the size of the patch of scars. It would be as or almost as equal to an egg placed upon your cheek tilted at a 40-45 degree angle.

Noticeably, that sector of the skin is plump, compared to the lack of collagen appearance that was present before my second session. But to be honest, the depth of the scars does not appear to have changed. The only difference, is that the skin beneath and surrounding the scars is more filled up. Overall improving the appearance of my scars.

Even as of today since my last update, that sector of my cheek still remains to feel stiff, and tight as well. To explain the sensation, similar to having dry skin, like when you get out the shower without moisterizing or something...ahahah..does that make sense?

I'll update again in a few days.

I will have another session in two weeks and I will ask about getting pictures at that time. My sister said she thinks my scars look a little softer, but no one else has mentioned it.

I'll find this thread in a couple weeks to post the pictures that will show my results from two sessions and three months of healing.

Needling--------Hi there:

glad you're doing better...what tool does she use? is this with a tatoo gun? i had the medical roll cit done in december, pretty good results, though takes months to really see....but several advantages over laser....

i have ice pick electrolysis scars....i also had subcision done about 6 weeks ago, and this has also helped slightly, though i know this all takes several months to show true results...i have been very leery of lasers...was considering fraxel until i heard so many mixed results.....

anyway, would love to know the contact information of the person you're going to...Thanks much!

Kari

i was quted by susan's institute for 500/hr susan and 250/hr done by her assistant. Fees would be cut in half if done in front of a class. is this the same quotes you have received?

also, if you have fillers in your skin, will they be affected if you have the needling done in the same areas? will the filler be destroyed, or will there be any problems? the filler i have is permanent- pmma done in mexico.

thank you

Needling--------Hi there:

glad you're doing better...what tool does she use? is this with a tatoo gun? i had the medical roll cit done in december, pretty good results, though takes months to really see....but several advantages over laser....

i have ice pick electrolysis scars....i also had subcision done about 6 weeks ago, and this has also helped slightly, though i know this all takes several months to show true results...i have been very leery of lasers...was considering fraxel until i heard so many mixed results.....

anyway, would love to know the contact information of the person you're going to...Thanks much!

Kari

Hi all.

I promised I'd post pictures but they really aren't helpful for judging improvement. I've had needling done three times but I don't have my pictures from my first session. And the lighting/angles are not exactly the same from my two other sessions so a comparison of the pictures doesn't really help to determine objectively whether there has been improvement.

Subjectively, I do think there has been improvement in my scars because I used to be very concerned with my scars and I think about them a lot less now. Only my family knows about the needling and they seem to think there has been a little improvement, that the scars are softening. My reason for not telling my friends was to really test out whether there was any large improvement, as I figure someone would mention that my skin was looking really good....and no one has.

Background : Acne for over 10 years, finally accutane cleared it, no scar procedures except for needling done professionally.

I will probably wait for six to ten months before deciding what to do next. I will try to take pictures in several more months, as the skin should continue to improve. Cheers![attachmentid=5182][attachmentid=5183]

The first picture is the newest picture (after two sessions) and the other picture is from after my first session.

post-20703-1153160502_thumb.jpg

post-20703-1153160517_thumb.jpg

post-20703-1153160502_thumb.jpg

post-20703-1153160517_thumb.jpg

wow amazing, though your scars is nothing dear, i would still love you. hehe, but aside from that could you elaborate more on how the procedure went for you as in the whole experiences. how is this for shallow ice picks??

Hey everyone,

I have just went in for my third needling session yesterday. This time around my skin has not nearly turned as red as the first and second session. I am really looking forward to the next few weeks to analyze anymore progress on my scars. Only time will tell, but till then any questions feel free to ask and I will try the best of my ability to answer them in a timely manner.

Good Luck everyone!

how long are you being asked to wait between treatments? are you doing your entire face, if so how long do you have to hide out before you're presentable again?

Hey everyone,

I have just went in for my third needling session yesterday. This time around my skin has not nearly turned as red as the first and second session. I am really looking forward to the next few weeks to analyze anymore progress on my scars. Only time will tell, but till then any questions feel free to ask and I will try the best of my ability to answer them in a timely manner.

Good Luck everyone!

How much improvement so far?Could u put a % to it?.Thanks.

Hi,

Thank you all for posting. I am new to this board and I need to figure out a way to rid myself of my scars. I have some rolling and some boxcar scars. I've been reading about needling and Excision. Are these procedures the same thing or do they differ? I am thinking about doing some of these then doing a fraxel to smooth things out.

THanks!

Hey everyone,

Good Luck everyone!

I'm bumping this thread because I'm considering needling in lieu of Fraxel. I'm very fortunate that I only have three scars that annoy me so I don't think I need to pay the $4,000 to get Fraxel treatments (though as a preventive means to strengthen my skin and prevent future wrinkles, I'll eventually get it when I can truly afford it).

So, in the last year, has anyone noticed any improvements or seen Susan?