Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
crazycat

salicylic acid product with moisturizer

For the last four weeks, I've been using "Clean & Clear Oil Free Dual Action Moisturizer," which contains salicylic (.5%). It's pretty mild and doesn't irritate the skin. I'm 36 and have only a mild case of acne. It's been effective in keeping my acne under control, but, since it's called a moisturizer, it might not be the best product to effectively combat my acne. Would you guys recommend a non-moisturizing product with a higher amount of salicylic acid (say, 2%)? "Clean and Clear" keeps breakouts at bay but does little to get rid of excess oil or minimize discoloration caused by previous pimples. I'm considering using the Neutrogena cream that contains 2.5% benzoyl peroxide but it might be too drying for a mild case of acne. :-k

Paula's Choice makes products with 1% and 2% salicylic acid.

There's a 1% solution, a 2% solution (these are sort of like toners) and a 2% LOTION that moisturizes. I like all of them.

You can find them on her web site, and if you ask for free samples, they'll send them immediately :)