Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
luisodude

breaking out again like 5 months after accutane

its been about five months since i got off of accutane, and now i am starting to break out again, these last 5 months i had been CLEAR but for the last 2 weeks i have been breaking out in my chin/lip area,,, is there anything you all suggest? i was thinking of going back to the derm but what can she give me now i mean nothing else worked...

thanks alot

-luis

well i forgot to put a couple things in my original post... before i went on accutane my acne was bad but luckily i hardly ever got cysts, i did get a few but rarely, i was just plagued with a lot of whiteheads,, as for my accutane i was on it for 7 months and the most i took was 80mg a day for the last few months.

no, its the same type of acne as i got before not quite as much, and my skin is definatley much less oily, but im just hoping it was a week thing because i havent broken out in the last couple days *knocks on wood*

did this happen when you stopped taking accutane? you shouldnt be on accutane anyways

no this didnt happen when i stopped taking accutane,, i was fine until now,, and why should i have not gone on accutane? my acne was sure bad enough (i dont know how i made it sound in my original post) and i have no health problems....

and about the retin-a,, i figure if i go back to the derm thats what she is going to put me on again, although it never really did anything for me...

I had to use bp after i finished tane and it has really helped with the little amount i get now.