Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'll try and keep you guys updated. My scars are just shallow/moderate rolling scars which look horrid in soft light.

If you have any questions ask away.

how many times did you needle each scar? because when i did self needling (which made some improvements) i went crack and it looked alot more red than that.

Drew!!! Omigosh! I was gonna p.m. you with some news! :D

Ok...so I know that you have been using the Aloette products. They are profoundly good as you know. But you know what? Christie Cohen came up with a new product that I believe is the best of the skin treatment serums. I got it in the last large "platinum series" kit she offered on shopathometv. Ok.....it's called c3 cellular correcting complex, firming serum.

This is how I would describe it. I would say that it's a cross between Line Relief Concentrate and Lumitone. It REALLY brightens but REALLY tightens and lifts as well. Hands down the best products I've used. You know how you can feel the Line Reflief really tighten your skin when you apply it? Well, your whole face feels like that when you put this stuff on.

This stuff tightens and lifts the skin and shrinks pores like nothing I've ever tried.

So maybe when you run out of some of the products, you can try it. You won't be disappointed.

Keep taking pics as you heal from your needling. I've been thinking about doing self needling now that Lilian is gone. Right now though, I'm recovering from my latest cross. I've had great success with cross and needling. Keep us updated! You look great! Your scars aren't bad at all, Drew!

drewboy said:

smaller ones anywhere from 3-10 times. The big one on my cheek around 60-70 times. I went crazy on it!!

Drewboy -

Thanks for the info!

Keep us updated since this is a technique that may help a lot of us.

Damn Drew,

Do go out after to do this stuff? Looks like you were in a car wreck. Where's that spot from the big drop of TCA? I can't hardly see it.

Ok...so I know that you have been using the Aloette products. They are profoundly good as you know. But you know what? Christie Cohen came up with a new product that I believe is the best of the skin treatment serums. I got it in the last large "platinum series" kit she offered on shopathometv. Ok.....it's called c3 cellular correcting complex, firming serum.

This is how I would describe it. I would say that it's a cross between Line Relief Concentrate and Lumitone. It REALLY brightens but REALLY tightens and lifts as well. Hands down the best products I've used. You know how you can feel the Line Reflief really tighten your skin when you apply it? Well, your whole face feels like that when you put this stuff on.

This stuff tightens and lifts the skin and shrinks pores like nothing I've ever tried.

So maybe when you run out of some of the products, you can try it. You won't be disappointed.

Keep taking pics as you heal from your needling. I've been thinking about doing self needling now that Lilian is gone. Right now though, I'm recovering from my latest cross. I've had great success with cross and needling. Keep us updated! You look great! Your scars aren't bad at all, Drew!

Denise, you are the best friend anyone could ever ask for on acne.org! haha that sounds a bit rediculous doesnt it?? Remember the late night PM's we'd share about Aloette products? (We are nerds). I am definately going to consider that product as you steered me in the right path with these aloette products. I forget, whats the aloette cocktail you prefer?? Ive gotten so many products I get lost as to how much and what I can put on my face at the same time.

Thanks for the compliments on my skin. If I could only get rid of these darn rolling scars on the right side of my face id be in prestine condition. Every little red patch you see on my face in the pics is a needled rolling scar, so you can only imagine the frustration, haha. Talk at ya later buddy.

smaller ones anywhere from 3-10 times. The big one on my cheek around 60-70 times. I went crazy on it!!

Wow! 60 - 70 times. Is that the real number or are you saying it, but meaning you did it many, many times? I had Frank from Transitions do needling on me two months ago. I just did self-needling with the same needles you use about two weeks ago. I definitely didn't do it 60 to 70 times per scar though. Probably around 10 to 20. Do you have any close-ups before you did this latest needling? I'm curious to see if your scars look like mine. It would be great to see your outcome from this in a month. If you remember, and you feel like it, post some pic's. If this works doing it so many times then I'm going Rambo myself :ninja:

I didnt needle "every" scar 60-70 x's, just the mother ship of all rolling scars which was on my cheek. The rest are all little aliens and I only needled those anywhere from 3-15 x's (ok im not making sence). I get so frustrated with my before pics that I end up just tossing them, and unfortunately I started needling my face before taking pics. My bad, I will be able to guage the results pretty accuratelly in a week or so and take some after shots.

Going rambo on my skin is kinda humbling.

Drewboy -

Thanks for the info!

Keep us updated since this is a technique that may help a lot of us.

Yup Dan, sure will bud. Its not a problem, glad I can help ya out.

Damn Drew,

Do go out after to do this stuff? Looks like you were in a car wreck. Where's that spot from the big drop of TCA? I can't hardly see it.

HAHA no way in Hell im going outside with this junk on my face. Its funny you mention I look like I was in a car wreck, I was thinking the same exact thing. Today was a perfect day, and I have a pretty Mean sounding Mustang that I enjoy cruising around in on days like today, but no dice.

The TCA spot is covered up by the huge scab on my cheek. It is in its pink stage right now and is trying to fade. It has left a shallow depression and Im anxious to see if needling removes it completely.

WHen is your next fraxel scheduled for? Were you at all concerned about your skin being post-fraxel and still in the healing stages while doing this? I only ask because I'm dying to CROSS some of my ice picks but the Dr. recommended waiting until I'm six months out from my last fraxel.

WHen is your next fraxel scheduled for? Were you at all concerned about your skin being post-fraxel and still in the healing stages while doing this? I only ask because I'm dying to CROSS some of my ice picks but the Dr. recommended waiting until I'm six months out from my last fraxel.

1 month and a week post fraxel. Nahh Im not at all concerned about it being too soon. Pretty much everything ive done has been against the norm though, although i can say ive seen great results. I used to have CRAPPY skin post Accutane now its getting somewhat close to normal. Only mistake Ive done is accidently overcrossing an area.

Can anybody tell me about these Aloette products? I went online today and found out you can't buy them at any store. How can you tell what color make up you would use? I'm trying to find a new make up that is good on your skin, and not real heavy feeling.

Can anybody tell me about these Aloette products? I went online today and found out you can't buy them at any store. How can you tell what color make up you would use? I'm trying to find a new make up that is good on your skin, and not real heavy feeling.

Me and Denise primarly use the skin repair line of Aloette products. Denise, am I right?

Me and Denise primarly use the skin repair line of Aloette products. Denise, am I right?

Well, you got tons more products than I have gotten, Drew! :D I use the Platinum Line. I was using a mixture of the Lumitone and Age Defiance; a drop or two of each once or twice a day. My skin care routine is this:

Twice a day morning and night:

-Wei East Youth Recaptured Serum

-Aloette Line relief only dabbed in places where I would normally have wrinkles (forehead, under and beside the eyes)

-Could be Lumitone and Age Defiance OR Night Recovery Complex (this is a pretty heavy duty cream...can be pore clogging but really firms, lifts, brightens, etc....)

I also use (sporadically) a few Serious Skin Care products; their A-Line with peptides is really fabulous; that really pulls the skin tight too, as does many of their vitamin C ester C products.

But this new stuff.....the Cellular Correcting Complex.....that stuff is really great. I didn't think the Aloette products could get that much better, but this is an even more pore-shrinking and tightening product. It really brightens the skin and feels a lot like Line Relief (which you can feel tightening your skin).

My forehead was a wreck, even with all the "work" I've done (tca cross and needling), and it's vastly improved now since I started using Aloette. The line relief really is a great product. She even has a kit where you get the line relief with something called "line erase", but I havn't tried the line erase yet. Hard to improve on the line relief, but evidently she has. I don't know how she does it, but she's really got something with this platinum line...she does clinical studies and also claims to have more peptides and argiriline than anything on the market. I *DO* know that she has 15% argiriline in line relief, and Victoria Secret has 10% in her argiriline product line. I washed my face and did a mask a while ago and my face still feels really pulled tight even though I've washed the product off. I have noticed some shallow scars have dramatically filled in, but that's probably because my face is pulled tight, I'm not sure.

Are these Aloette products you like basically just copper peptides like the skinbio ones?

Drewboy,

good luck healing. I hope you see some amazing results. :dance:

Denise,

What is the exact name for that product because I couldn't find it on their website based on what you posted? Do you maybe have a link to it? Thanks. :wub:

Well, you got tons more products than I have gotten, Drew! :D I use the Platinum Line. I was using a mixture of the Lumitone and Age Defiance; a drop or two of each once or twice a day. My skin care routine is this:

Twice a day morning and night:

-Wei East Youth Recaptured Serum

-Aloette Line relief only dabbed in places where I would normally have wrinkles (forehead, under and beside the eyes)

-Could be Lumitone and Age Defiance OR Night Recovery Complex (this is a pretty heavy duty cream...can be pore clogging but really firms, lifts, brightens, etc....)

I also use (sporadically) a few Serious Skin Care products; their A-Line with peptides is really fabulous; that really pulls the skin tight too, as does many of their vitamin C ester C products.

But this new stuff.....the Cellular Correcting Complex.....that stuff is really great. I didn't think the Aloette products could get that much better, but this is an even more pore-shrinking and tightening product. It really brightens the skin and feels a lot like Line Relief (which you can feel tightening your skin).

My forehead was a wreck, even with all the "work" I've done (tca cross and needling), and it's vastly improved now since I started using Aloette. The line relief really is a great product. She even has a kit where you get the line relief with something called "line erase", but I havn't tried the line erase yet. Hard to improve on the line relief, but evidently she has. I don't know how she does it, but she's really got something with this platinum line...she does clinical studies and also claims to have more peptides and argiriline than anything on the market. I *DO* know that she has 15% argiriline in line relief, and Victoria Secret has 10% in her argiriline product line. I washed my face and did a mask a while ago and my face still feels really pulled tight even though I've washed the product off. I have noticed some shallow scars have dramatically filled in, but that's probably because my face is pulled tight, I'm not sure.

Is is safe to use this right after you've finished up with Fraxel?

Can someone please explain what is meant by fraxel and cross?

If you type in the word fraxel on the google bar, you will get ton of information about that type of laser. Here is a video that should be a good start: http://www.totaldermatology.com/pages/acnescar.html

(Look through that webpage for info too)

As far as "cross", it is a short way to say TCA Cross. It is a method of applying high percentage of TCA to each individual scar with a tootpick. Very dangerous technique if you don't know what you are doing, so you must educate yourself in great detail before attempting this type of procedure.

Read this thread because it contains ton of great info about the TCA Cross:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=5610

Are these Aloette products you like basically just copper peptides like the skinbio ones?

Hi Floss. Well, these are peptide products, but not COPPER peptide products. All peptides are really good for collagen and cell renewel. Copper peptides are really good for wound healing. The copper peptides just seemed to be breaking me out, so I left them alone a few years ago.

Drewboy,

good luck healing. I hope you see some amazing results. :dance:

Denise,

What is the exact name for that product because I couldn't find it on their website based on what you posted? Do you maybe have a link to it? Thanks. :wub:

No problem. You can go to: http://www.shopathometv.com/catalog/search...rchTerm=aloette, and that's where you'll find the products I mentioned.

Hey Drew. Good luck.

I self-needled around a week ago. Same needles you used. Only on a couple of moderate size scars.

The thing is that I did not hear any popping type sound when I needled the scars. I went deep, and they did bleed ( but no scab formed) and were red for days. But no popping sound at all.

I did do Restylane a while back. At that time they did pop. Is it possible that I broke up all the scar tissue when I did the restylane, and there is none left to break up? Hence, no popping sounds when I self needled now?

Any advice is appreciated. James

Thanks Drew.

I was wondering if you do not hear the popping anymore, but the scars have not been eliminmated ( or reduced in appearance) should you continue to needle ( every few weeks) anyway?

James