Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
QualityAssurance

large piece of skin just fell off my face

So I tried to pop a zit today and of course I failed and it got pissed off and red so I ice'd it and it went down considerably.. sweet! i thought.. then it turned REALLY red.. I put makeup on it so I could actually go to work and later in the night when I got home I basically peeled the skin right off the wound, its all pink underneath more then red.. but before it was just a damn PIMPLE this is a PATCH of skin, so the ice mustve damaged something??? bloody thing is huge.

So I tried to pop a zit today and of course I failed and it got pissed off and red so I ice'd it and it went down considerably.. sweet! i thought.. then it turned REALLY red.. I put makeup on it so I could actually go to work and later in the night when I got home I basically peeled the skin right off the wound, its all pink underneath more then red.. but before it was just a damn PIMPLE this is a PATCH of skin, so the ice mustve damaged something??? bloody thing is huge.

gotta be careful when popin them suckers.poke it witha sterol need first to get it open!! then GENTLY squeeze it.f nothin happens then nothin will happen, until maybe later tat day or the next day.i dunno wha tmade the patch of skin fall off but i'f i were you i woudn't peel anything off expecially after that lol

Guest tired of this shish

why cant u leave ur bloody face alone

YEAH!

YEAH!

haha I know.. this is a second post.. My face looks almost totally clear now aside from what just happened but I couldve just left it alone and been fine. trust me ive learned my lesson cause I gotta go to work today with what looks like a red/pink burn mark on the right side of my face and nothing will cover that bastard up. im gonna put vitamin E on it so she doesnt scar. although it doesnt look like it would anyways since its only like the top layer that came off, nobody answered my question tho.. is it the ice??? I didnt PICK off the piece of skin it practically fell off like a scab

sounds similar to what happened to me last week.

except i didnt pop a pimple. my skin was flaking so i exfoliated way too much and it left raw two raw patches on my face. they peeled and i saw pinkish raw skin. its taken forever to heal but from experience, DONT mess with it, at night, apply something like neosporin cream or polysporin. it should clear up pretty quickly! i also had someone tell me to use hydrocortizone so maybe you could try that.

best of luck!!

sounds similar to what happened to me last week.

except i didnt pop a pimple. my skin was flaking so i exfoliated way too much and it left raw two raw patches on my face. they peeled and i saw pinkish raw skin. its taken forever to heal but from experience, DONT mess with it, at night, apply something like neosporin cream or polysporin. it should clear up pretty quickly! i also had someone tell me to use hydrocortizone so maybe you could try that.

best of luck!!

I think I might have chimed in with hydrocortizone.. but thats more for rashes and reactions not healing. I Put some neo on it at first but now im using 100% vitamin E. looks pretty ugly but nobody asked about it at work today and anyone I pointed it out to says its not that bad. I just wish it was more pink then RED

Guest tvirus_outbreak

YEAH!

Why can't people stop smoking? Why can't people stop drinking? Why can't people stop taking drugs? Picking your face is like one of those addictions which is why once you start, it's hard to stop.

YEAH!

Why can't people stop smoking? Why can't people stop drinking? Why can't people stop taking drugs? Picking your face is like one of those addictions which is why once you start, it's hard to stop.

Your right, those things are incredibly hard to stop and I would know because I've quit everything there is to quit, even school lol. I've quit drugs, cigaretts, alcohol and bad habits, including cracking my knuckles and my neck. You can do anything you set your mind to. If you really want to do something you will do it. For things like picking your face or cracking your knuckles which you do without realizing, it helps to do things to remind yourself, like put medicine tape on your fingertips when you are at home. I used to just put tape on the first two fingers I would always crack and that reminded me not to.

Good luck addicts.

These are instructions for applying ice, hopefully you don't have frostbite.

Take an ice cube wrapped in saran wrap and place on the skin portion where you feel a pimple about to form. Hold it there for a few minutes. Avoid prolonged holding as you can get frostbite skin. Perform the above steps three times daily. This technique is effective only on newly forming pimples and rarely useful for existing pimples.

All I gotta say is wow.. its been like two days and its already 75% better, its light pink now and nearly healed up thanks to 100% pure vitamin E and polysporin.. now back to the warzone that is the rest of my face

Quality, you keep doing loadsa stuff to your skin that only seem to keep damaging it, I recommened you see a doctor see if they can prescribe you some oral medicine. This is what i agther from most of your posts.

If you do egt antibitoics you can then just wash ur face with water.

It is best that you don't hold the ice on your skin for more than 3-5mins.. It can cause issue damage and make things worse. If the swelling doesn't go down after that time, then chances are you will have to just wait and let nature take its course. Apply some bp to it and wait and see what happens.

to treat the spot now use an antibiotic cream to help it heal.

I just did the same this with salylic acid today, i've had polysporin on it so far all day, i'm hoping it will heal quick:(

You can get ice burn if you apply ice without a barrier b/w the ice and your skin and if you hold it there for more then 5 mins at a time. Glad it looks better.

Quality, you keep doing loadsa stuff to your skin that only seem to keep damaging it, I recommened you see a doctor see if they can prescribe you some oral medicine. This is what i agther from most of your posts.

If you do egt antibitoics you can then just wash ur face with water.

Loads of stuff? I dont even use dove sensitive anymore. I Just wash my face with water then spot treat red marks with poly and any forming zits with tea tree oil which has never irritated me @ 100% concentration. and I really dont think I need antibiotics because zits arent my problem, clogged pores and irritated skin is.. I really have no idea what keeps pissing my skin off because its the parts that I dont use -any- product on that seem to bother me the most. This all being said my skin looks the best it has today in 3-4 months.. My upper cheek is itchy and slightly pink right now for absolutely no reason, I havent touched it and im not going to until it really bothers me then ill put some hydrocortizone on it. thx for replies