Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
clubkid

i'd like to know...

Since I've started to exercise, and I mean REALLY exercise---we're talkin' sweat dripping onto the floor and running down my chest etc., I've noticed a number of things:

1) the zits I do have are drying out and going away.

2) i'm not getting any new ones.

3) my skin is looking more even.

4) the usual shine stays away for a few extra hours when I wash my face.

5) it really looks like i'm on the road to nice, clear, smooth, visibly even skin, and i've only been working out for 4 days (in a row), 30 minutes each day.

is there anyone here with bad acne that vigorously exercises on a regular basis?

if so---how long after your exercise do you shower?

WHAT are you doing when you exercise?

i've never really been active until the past few days---no sports, no hardcore physical activity. EVER.

i don't know, this is interesting to me. they say that eating healthy greatly affects the condition of your skin, and i know for a fact that it's true...but no one ever talks about exercise or DEEP sweating.

i read somewhere that when you sweat HARD your body excretes certain toxic metals. sweat is also acidic, so figure you've got this stuff pouring from the inside of your body to the outside....

just a thought---let me know what you all think.

Exercise is very important. Aerobic exercise helps improve bloodflow, flush out toxins and free radicals, improve mental health, emotional health, physical health and overall well being.

All of these things combined will go greatly towards the EFFECTIVENESS of any acne treatment you may be on, while in and of itself being a great treatment.

Every time I go running I feel great and look better all day, I was never very athletic as a child, and have only gotten into sports a couple years ago. I still don't exercise as much as I should, but every time I do I feel so much better.

There is a difference between Anaerobic and Aerobic Exercise. Typically Aerobic Exercise(cardio stuff) is what will be most beneficial for all the aforementioned reasons.

Everyone stands to benefit from running a couple times a week for 20-40 minutes. That's all it takes.

Olympic athletes suffer from acne. Maybe you think they aren't working out enough.

No one said this is an end all cure. Read more carefully.

Also, do you have any pictures of Olympic athletes with acne?

Olympic athletes suffer from acne. Maybe you think they aren't working out enough.

Exercise is not a cure for acne, but aerobic exercise improves your body's ability to handle a condition like acne. There is no denying that. This is a fact. Running a couple times a week for 20-30 minutes goes a long way towards improving the effectiveness of your acne treatments.

As I have discussed in other threads, curing acne isn't about finding a cure, it's about finding a synergy of treatments and approaches that create balance and good health in your system.

You're going to have to show me some olympic athletes with acne, because frankly, I don't believe you. Unless they are teenagers or something, in which case all bets are off in regards to what will and will not treat their acne, since those ages are so topsy turvy with bodily changes that it is nearly impossible to hope to achieve any balance, and even harder to pin down what factors are causing, alleviating, or aggravating acne.

My face always looks better after I exercise, and I think it helps the skin heal better too. Someone that said exercise causes your body to flush free radicals is wrong - exercise CREATES free radicals in the body. Not to worry, though, just include a good amount of fruits and vegetables in your diet.

i dont know if you mean to say that olympic athletes have ACNE or BREAKOUTS----because ACNE is little more severe than the occaisional breakout.

if you wanted to pursue your argument, you could say that olympic athletes may be under TONS and TONS of stress, may be on strict diets, may be exercising continuously in their super tight outfits for a few hours---olympic athlete doesn't imply body-builder or aerobic champ, it just means they've mastered what they do.

in either case, my comrades (thank you for your support) are right---i didn't suggest that acne was caused by lack of exercise, i merely want to know how many people with bad acne actually DO exercise regularly and intensely---and if so how long do they wait before they shower. i figured this would be the most appropriate site to raise the question, since (i'm sure) all of the members are bothered by some kind of acne.

i happened to notice at the gym that people who were running or working the elliptical and SWEATING had more or less flawless skin, and i also took note that when i exercise daily and INTENSELY (sweat flowing from my head), even for 30 minutes, my acne seems to just vanish---EVERYWHERE. a cyst on my shoulder is gone in 2 days, whatever was on my face has dried up and pretty much disappeared....i could show you a picutre if you want.

just a thought---but do let me know about your exercising routines.

Some people live in tropical climates without air conditioning. These people basically sweat 24/7. If sweating is really good for acne, then these tropical people should have clearer skin.

Some people live in tropical climates without air conditioning. These people basically sweat 24/7. If sweating is really good for acne, then these tropical people should have clearer skin.

It wasn't said that its the sweating alone that helps acne. Exercise has thousands of benefits, and sweating out toxins is only one out of many.

Well I do exercise to 'da EXTREME' as some people have put it.

Muay Thai + Shaolin Kung fu + tkd + weights + shaolin bo staff + tricking.

I don't have many breaks, only 1-2 seconds to catch a breath.

Of course in between days, I do have breaks. Only in training I don't stop much.

That aside,

I dunno if it is really making my skin clearer though. I used BP and it made my skin bad, then I stopped and breakouts stopped (a result of BP maybe?). I also did have a new diet to supplement my more intense martial arts.

I drink protein shakes (no milk, I put water instead.) & I take vitamins (berocca performance, Up & go breakfast drink, centrum, and fish oil w/ omega 3)

But regardless of whether it helps my skin, I'd still train. My skin is gradually getting better.

it could have something to do with the rate of your metabolism, the acidity of your sweat, or the metals that are excreted with deep sweating---who knows? who cares?

the point is---it MIGHT work. just don't let the derms know---they'll get together and plot a scheme to wipe us out before we tell anyone.

I go running every morning. I think it does help acne and your overall health. It promotes better circulation which ties in with helping acne.

No one said this is an end all cure. Read more carefully.

Also, do you have any pictures of Olympic athletes with acne?

Im a personal trainer, and am in amazing shape and work out all the time, not to boast about that either cause i have TERRIBLE acne right now and it realllly sucks

but what do you do when you work out? what are you eating? are you bombarding yourself with treatments that the derms have prescribed?

Since I've started to exercise, and I mean REALLY exercise---we're talkin' sweat dripping onto the floor and running down my chest etc., I've noticed a number of things:

1) the zits I do have are drying out and going away.

2) i'm not getting any new ones.

3) my skin is looking more even.

4) the usual shine stays away for a few extra hours when I wash my face.

5) it really looks like i'm on the road to nice, clear, smooth, visibly even skin, and i've only been working out for 4 days (in a row), 30 minutes each day.

is there anyone here with bad acne that vigorously exercises on a regular basis?

if so---how long after your exercise do you shower?

WHAT are you doing when you exercise?

i've never really been active until the past few days---no sports, no hardcore physical activity. EVER.

i don't know, this is interesting to me. they say that eating healthy greatly affects the condition of your skin, and i know for a fact that it's true...but no one ever talks about exercise or DEEP sweating.

i read somewhere that when you sweat HARD your body excretes certain toxic metals. sweat is also acidic, so figure you've got this stuff pouring from the inside of your body to the outside....

just a thought---let me know what you all think.

It's more like exercise increases the probability of white blood cells to be in the vicinity of the acne. More blood flow, more white blood cells flow over the area. More bacteria is swallowed.

Regular exercising and sweating will do wonders for your overall health and that is reflected on your skin. (Aerobics that is) Don't listen to what the doctors tell you, exercise and eat right for your own sake and you will see results.

i think i've started to figure that out. i dont know why the dermatologist never suggested that i even try that...or that any of us try it.

it's always been "HAHA no no the two are absolutely not related. now, here's some acid and some more anti-bacterials....what's that? the last batch of acids and retinoids and antibacterials didn't work for you? that's alright...we'll just change the medicine to a diferent brand and ruin your skin and intestines even more...that'll be 50$."

my acne really picked up when I stopped exercising. Once it got sever I started exercising again and it cleared up considerably...but it was too late. If I could go back I would never have stopped and would probably have clear skin right now.

I exercise regularly :cool:

thank you for answering the question. and? what do you mean by "exercise?" is your acne out of control? do you wash with harsh soaps? do you eat junk? do you wash after exercising?

Exercising and a good diet are good for overall health. Heavy sweating however in my experience does not help acne in fact for me it is definetly a contributary factor. My derm told me of medical discharges from the armed forces for uk troops serving in Cyprus for this reason. Horses for courses however, if it helps you then stick with it.