Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TGE232

Redness after accutane?

has anyone else had this happen to them after they come off a course of accutane? i never had red cheeks before but after i came off accutane i began to notice this. could this be a side-effect of accutane or is it something else. i have seen other people with this before as well but i wouldnt know if they had gone on accutane or not.

Yep common side effect matey. Theres been loads of topics on it, try some anti redness moisteriser or if it really bad go see your derm.

Yep common side effect matey. Theres been loads of topics on it, try some anti redness moisteriser or if it really bad go see your derm.

Not so much redness, but my lips are still chapped like crazy. How long till this wears off? (Stopped taking amnesteem on March 18th)

Well its been close to a year since ive been off it and its still red (only in my cheek area though)...will it ever go away? Actuall its gone done in the past months, but that may just be because thats around when I strated taking flaxseed oil everyday. But I dont remember this redness while I was on accutane or even a while after that...it just appeared sometime around winter. Could it just be the fact that my cheeks do this because of the cold weather since its calming down no that summer is starting...but im not sure.

Takes a long time normally, get some good anti-redness moisteriser. Theres a clinique one for £65, bit expensive ey.

Posh,

have you used that lip balm while on tane? it worth the price?

Yep, I started using it about 2 months in to tane, definitely worth it.

Been off for four months. I'd say my redness went away about a month to 1 1/2 months after I ended my course. I'm on Tazorac, and I'm not sure if that had anything to do w/getting rid of the redness, but it could be a factor.

I've been off of Accutane for a little over 2 weeks now and my face is still pretty red. It's a little better than it was when I was ON accutane but it still looks badly sunburnt/flushed most of the time. I continue to use moisturizer but it's still taking awhile to get back to normal. *sigh* At least my lips aren't chapped anymore.