Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
amykaylit

Candida and acne (yes another thread)

I was at the health food store today. I bought some stuff that is supposed to help kill the walls of the candida or something. the lady there also said to make sure that i was having a regular bm because if you don't, even if you kill the candida you are not getting rid of it from your system and it will just come back. I thought this info could be of help to people... I dunno... I think that there is a definate improvement the last few days for myself... although, i'm still not sure what I can and cannot eat.

Okay, maybe a stupid question..

but whats the correlation between candida and acne?

I tried researching it but I'm no good I guess lol I'm not really sure what candida is.

Simple carbs and refined sugars are a no no when it comes to fighting candida they love the stuff, it's there food, you will feel shaky for a few day's after you cut simple carbs and sugars out of your diet. You should stick with a diet of mostly protein (meat) and complex carbs (veggies) the lady at the healthfood store was right youll need to make yourself regular before starting an anti candida regimen becouse when it starts to die off they leak into your blood and can be pretty toxic and youll need to be able to exspell them a.s.a.p or you could end up with toxic shock.

There's no escaping the die off if you have candida bad enough.

Eat mostly vegetables, and a very high fiber diet. Eat plain organic yogurt with live bacteria, but don't over do it. Nuts are good as they supply fat and protein with minimal carbs. Use stevia in place of sugar for sweetening. Cooking with an abundance of garlic and coconut oil helps, they're both candida killers.

Simple carbs and refined sugars are a no no when it comes to fighting candida they love the stuff, it's there food, you will feel shaky for a few day's after you cut simple carbs and sugars out of your diet. You should stick with a diet of mostly protein (meat) and complex carbs (veggies) the lady at the healthfood store was right youll need to make yourself regular before starting an anti candida regimen becouse when it starts to die off they leak into your blood and can be pretty toxic and youll need to be able to exspell them a.s.a.p or you could end up with toxic shock.

?

I've never heard of anyone going into toxic shock syndrome from cutting out carbs. You're claiming that changing your diet to low or no carbs will make you go into TSS if you don't poop first. I'm sorry, but that's just stupid.

Please provide proof to back up this claim (ie., medical studies, etc.)

TSS:

What are the warning signs of TSS?

Warning signs of TSS include: sudden high fever (usually 102ºF or more) accompanied by vomiting and/or diarrhea, fainting or near-fainting when standing up and dizziness or a sunburn-like rash. These symptoms usually appear very quickly and are often severe. Not all TSS cases are alike, and all symptoms are not always present. Other signs might be aching of muscles and joints, redness of the eyes, sore throat and weakness.

Lol,you missunderstood what i was saying, you can get the toxic shock from a sudden heavy candida die off not cutting simple carbs and sugars out of your diet.

So what is this stuff, exactly, that you bought at the health food store? Is it an anti-fungal? What's in it? Does it explain exactly how and why it works?

A website I was on earlier boasts that grapefruit seed extract is good for killing candida....is that it?

Simple carbs and refined sugars are a no no when it comes to fighting candida they love the stuff, it's there food, you will feel shaky for a few day's after you cut simple carbs and sugars out of your diet. You should stick with a diet of mostly protein (meat) and complex carbs...

Complex carbohydrates are rapidly broken-down into simple sugars anyway, so there's no point in trying to draw a distinction between them and "simple" carbs or sugars. There isn't any. They're all the same.

Bryan

It's not grape seed oil. It's a bunch of other stuff...Cellulas, hemicellulas, amylase, invertase, malt diastase, clucoamylase. it's called Candex and it's by pureessence labs. It this doesn't work i'll go on grapseed extract. She said this was good and that one of her coworkers swears by it. It's also supposed to prevent you from having a die off... maybe I was had but i only bought a 10 day supply and if it doens't work, i'll go on the grapseek extract. but I was looking for something to take that maybe would help but wouldn't make me crazy sick since I'm going to be in a wedding on saturday. I knew about not eating sugar... off that...What i'm wondering about it wheat. I've heard different things from different places. Half the people say you can eat whole grains and half say it's a bad idea.

I can't eat nuts I'm allergic...

There's plenty reason to draw distinction beetween simple and complex carbs Bryan when on a anti candida diet.You want to lower sugar intake as much as you can and veggies are low in sugars/carbs it would be better for her to eat a serving of veggies and get a low 3 grams of sugars/carbs and vitamins wich is better than a candy bar wich can have 20+ grams of carbs/sugars easy and let the candida have a feeding frenzy.

This candida diet sounds exactly like any low carb diet. The 'die off symptoms' happen to all people who dramatically lower starches and sugars. Low carb diets have completely different explanations for the exact same phenomenon. If the anti-candida diet works for you, it might have nothing to do with candida and everything to do with lowering your insulin levels and burning more fat for fuel.

People generally have die off symptoms after taking a suplement to kill the candida, not just because they stopped eating carbs. I'm on the candida program for more than just my acne (which is rather mild) I've been on sooo much antibotics in my life because of acne, strep throat and other illnesses. NOw I have a constant yeast infection... I know that can't be good.

How do you candida people know you have it? I have a few candida symptoms such as coated tongue, need lots of sleep, but i'm not sure i have it.

I heard eating coconut oil was the best remedy.

I knew about not eating sugar... off that...What i'm wondering about it wheat. I've heard different things from different places. Half the people say you can eat whole grains and half say it's a bad idea.

I can't eat nuts I'm allergic...

http://candidapage.com/weisscgd.shtml

a little tidbit from another site:

Acne & Wheat:

(Or, click "Acne Treatment" on the left for other options.)

Wheat products (wheat flour, bread, pasta, pastries, wheat cereals, nutrition bars and other foods listing wheat or flour as an ingredient) cause a sudden increase in blood sugar called hyperglycemia. This results in the production of insulin, causing insulin-induced skin inflammation within the follicles. It stimulates cellular growth, resulting in cellular debris that block the follicles and promote acne infections. Other chemicals (insulin-like growth factor-1 and insulin-like growth factor binding protein-3) also become involved and cellular growth becomes uncontrolled. Skintactix

There is speculation that candidiasis (Candidia albicans yeast infection) may be involved in this process. It can become pathogenic (causing a disease or promoting a disease such as acne) if a favorable environment exists or the person's weakened defenses allow the organisms to proliferate, such as the skin's weakened immune functions as caused by chronic moderate to severe acne. The use of antibiotics can promote this condition. Skintactix

Some people, probably due to heredity, seem to be particularly reactive to the chemistry caused by wheat products resulting in skin inflammation and a degree of skin immune dysfunction. Moderate to severe acne also causes skin immune dysfunction. These are factors that promote acne and can promote candidiasis.

Identifying Wheat-Induced Acne:

This group of people have usually tried multiple forms of prescriptive and non-prescriptive acne treatments without success. They may have considered their acne as untreatable. Whiteheads are usually not involved and the skin is usually normal, combination or oily (as opposed to being dry). It is wise to read the section on Acne & Essential Fatty Acids to determine which of these two factors may be promoting the acne.

People generally have die off symptoms after taking a suplement to kill the candida, not just because they stopped eating carbs. I'm on the candida program for more than just my acne (which is rather mild) I've been on sooo much antibotics in my life because of acne, strep throat and other illnesses. NOw I have a constant yeast infection... I know that can't be good.

O.k it seems some people still do not understand what i'm trying to say, i am not saying cutting carbs/sugars out of your diet is going to get rid of candida and create die off. However simple carbs and refined sugars are there main source of food,you want to starve the bastards and weaken them, then pound them with anti candida herbs/oil's. But if you start taking herbs/oil's to kill candida without having regular bowel movements your system is going to be overwhelmed with toxic dead candida you need to exspell them fast as your body can or you can make yourself sick with a type of toxic shock a.k.a bottleneck.

You can also have die off symptoms when you lower carbs. Fasting programs also cause die off symptoms. All the different dietary factions have their own terms and explanations for the same phenomenon.

How do you know that the antibiotics caused the yeast infection. The yeast infection may have developed on its own. It sounds like you are simply genetically intolerant to a year round high carb diet.

But if you start taking herbs/oil's to kill candida without having regular bowel movements your system is going to be overwhelmed with toxic dead candida you need to exspell them fast as your body can or you can make yourself sick with a type of toxic shock a.k.a bottleneck.

The ironic thing for me is, wheat products help keep me regular (miniwheat cereal, raisin bran, Allbran, etc.) and I bet if I looked at the ingredients on my Benefiber bottle, there is some wheat product in it. Some people don't have an issue with or worry about regular BMs but some of us have more stubborn digestive tracts...

Simple carbs and refined sugars are a no no when it comes to fighting candida they love the stuff, it's there food, you will feel shaky for a few day's after you cut simple carbs and sugars out of your diet. You should stick with a diet of mostly protein (meat) and complex carbs...

Complex carbohydrates are rapidly broken-down into simple sugars anyway, so there's no point in trying to draw a distinction between them and "simple" carbs or sugars. There isn't any. They're all the same.

Bryan

Not really. Sucrose is quickly broken down into glucose in the body...but for "complex" carbohydrates, like those found in whole grains, slow down the absorption of glucose...and much more advisable for diabetics. Complex carbohydrates are usually fibers that the body cannot digest,

A carbohydrate like FOS is undigestable by humans, but used by bacteria in the gut to grow.

Of course I'm not making this up...I'd be happy to paste and copy this info for you. So they are not all the same.

There's plenty reason to draw distinction beetween simple and complex carbs Bryan when on a anti candida diet.You want to lower sugar intake as much as you can and veggies are low in sugars/carbs it would be better for her to eat a serving of veggies and get a low 3 grams of sugars/carbs and vitamins wich is better than a candy bar wich can have 20+ grams of carbs/sugars easy and let the candida have a feeding frenzy.

Uhhh....in the first sentence of your reply, you say that "there's plenty reason to draw distinction between simple and complex carbs". I'm waiting for you to TELL me what those reasons are. I explained to you MY reasoning, now I want YOU to explain YOUR reasoning.

Bryan

After reading a couple of these posts, I think there is some misinformation.

Yes, candida, like many other yeasts, ferment sugar...but adding fiber to your diet while eating those sugary foods can slow the absorption down...less likely leading to a diabetic state. Of course diabetics should keep a low carbohydrate diet for obvious reasons (as sugar alone isn't necessarily the culprit for Type 2).

Of course I don't advocate eating sugary foods anyways. Additionally this whole idea of "refined" carbs isn't necessarily going to "feed" candida. Although it is wise to choose whole grains, such as whole oats...which are a prebiotic, over refined grains mostly due to the fiber content and nutrients loss in refined grains.

As for "die off" symptoms, I don't believe this is caused by the yeast. Carbs are the body's main source of fuel, without it we would rely on proteins...but that is not very wise to rely on proteins since they are needed for other bodily functions. Dramatically reducing carb intake will invoke "hypoglycemia" in a couple of days for most people...this is the "die off" reaction that you get...not from the yeast dying.

Not really. Sucrose is quickly broken down into glucose in the body...but for "complex" carbohydrates, like those found in whole grains, slow down the absorption of glucose...Complex carbohydrates are usually fibers that the body cannot digest,

Really?? Then how do you explain the fact that foods like wheat (and its derivatives) and potatoes and rice and other starchy foods have HIGH glycemic indexes? ;)

I don't know why we have to keep having this same discusssion over and over and over, folks. Face the facts: as far as the proneness of carbohydrates to break down into simple sugars, be absorbed, and elevate blood sugar is concerned, they're all pretty much the same, with the exception of the ones that also contain certain other food elements that slow it down (soluble fiber, fat, protein, etc.). We need to get off this "simple vs. complex" kick. That was debunked many years ago.

Bryan

Really?? Then how do you explain the fact that foods like wheat (and its derivatives) and potatoes and rice and other starchy foods have HIGH glycemic indexes? ;)

I don't know why we have to keep having this discusssion over and over and over, folks. Face the facts: as far as the proneness of carbohydrates to break down into simple sugars is concerned, they're all pretty much the same, with the exception of the ones that also contain certain other food elements that slow it down (soluble fiber, fat, protein, etc.). We need to get off this "simple vs. complex" kick. That was debunked many years ago.

Bryan

What do you mean high? Whole wheat kernels have a GI of 30, with < 55 being considered low. Hardly high compared with maize.

Instead of making up things, read this: http://www.mendosa.com/gilists.htm

That is a list of the GI/GL ratings of foods. You also have to factor in the GL, assuming you want to get a little more technical on these things.

The whole thing about simple and complex is a way for people to distinguish whole grains and refined grains, along with classifying sugars and fibers and such. Show me a legitimate link about "simple vs. complex" being debunked.

Fact is, not all carbohydrates are treated equally by the body. I can give you a plethora of links to prove it.