Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kylep01

How I cleared up

I used to spend a lot of time here, but I don't anymore since I cleared up, (thank god!) so I probably won't be back to answer any questions... I just wanted to share my info with you all.

I have had mild to severe acne for about 3 years now, and have just recently cleared up within the last 4 months. Its unbelieveable. I've tried retin-a, duac, ethromycin(the dab one), sulfacet, differen, and they seemed to work a little but they were never a end to all.

All I do now is drink a ton of water! seriously I drink at least a half gallon of water a day. (that is actually what you are supposed to drink (8oz X 8 glasses) If my urine still isn't clear after a half gallon I drink more. I don't drink it all at once, I spread it out throught the entire day. After 4 months of this, my skin looks so good. like 1000% better. I no longer rely on topicals, my skin isn't greasy, and I don't need to wash my face as much!

My theory is that our bodies use water as a transport mechanism for toxins within our body. Im 22 and I drink, smoke, party and stuff, I think all these toxins accumulate and water is needed to flush it out, or else the toxins end up in my pores, and cause breakouts.

So try it! Everyone should probably drink more water anyways.

I hope it works for ALL of you,

-Kyle

Hmm, I was told once you can drown yourself if you drink too much water? lol

I've been drinking quite a bit lately but still need to mix it with fruit juice half the time. Glad ur clear :D

I used to spend a lot of time here, but I don't anymore since I cleared up, (thank god!) so I probably won't be back to answer any questions... I just wanted to share my info with you all.

I have had mild to severe acne for about 3 years now, and have just recently cleared up within the last 4 months. Its unbelieveable. I've tried retin-a, duac, ethromycin(the dab one), sulfacet, differen, and they seemed to work a little but they were never a end to all.

All I do now is drink a ton of water! seriously I drink at least a half gallon of water a day. (that is actually what you are supposed to drink (8oz X 8 glasses) If my urine still isn't clear after a half gallon I drink more. I don't drink it all at once, I spread it out throught the entire day. After 4 months of this, my skin looks so good. like 1000% better. I no longer rely on topicals, my skin isn't greasy, and I don't need to wash my face as much!

My theory is that our bodies use water as a transport mechanism for toxins within our body. Im 22 and I drink, smoke, party and stuff, I think all these toxins accumulate and water is needed to flush it out, or else the toxins end up in my pores, and cause breakouts.

-Kyle

Congrats!! Hope the water will be as successful for everyone else who reads this.

I've been trying this and it's helping but it's not healthy to drink too much.

its impossible to drink too much water bleive me lol i went on a weight gaining and deep muscle stimulations diet which include creatine and l glutamin mix which both say you need a gallon a day to stay hydrated(which i did) and it was so hard drinking that much water haha i would drink water all day and would barely make the gallon by the end of the night lol i'm just sayin its hard as hell to drink too much water...basically impossible lol

-Kyle

I think that you are probably just growing out of it, possibly...

but I'm pretty sure that water does help

excessive water drikning has a similar effect to drowning, but dont worry, that would have to be like 10 litres of water a day, the main thing is to not drink it all in one go, spread it out

YES! Too much water can be very DANGEROUS!!

However, like the person said.. it's recommended you drink atleast 8 cups / 4 pints / 2 quarter gallons / 1 half gallon a day.

Anything over and you risk flushing too much essiential nutriants.

Also if your urine is NOT clear it's actually a sign of dehydration. It should be a very pale yellow/murky yea thats disgusting

If it's pure clear ( not murky ) you've drank too much.

Begin/Adjust accordingly

I've been trying this and it's helping but it's not healthy to drink too much.

its impossible to drink too much water

actully in a college frat hazing, these guys were forced to drink about 6 or 7 gallons of water...you can probobly guess what happened to them.

I always drink a lot of water throughout the day, even before I broke out. I'm sure it helps, but I need other reinforcements.

I drink about a gallon a day and it has helped.

and as far as how much you should drink it all depends on your weight.

I would agree, Drinking according to your weight is ideal... 8 glasses a day is an average according to the average weight of a man. SO yes if u weigh more in theory u should drink more... I read this thread and realised why my acne had picked up again since accutane.. (WHAT? u may ask)

Well post accutane i was drinking heaps of water still because i kept up the good habit... however when i started partying more and drinking heaps more i drank less water and the other day i just felt like crap and hardly had anything to drink ... low and behold the day after i had a bad breakout (although i cannot limit this to dehydration factors) i believe it was becasue of excess consumption of alcohol and coffee (aka dehydrating substances) which may have lead to the cause.

Yesterday i started drinking HEAPS of water! and low and behold this morning my face has its colour back and no new croppage of acne... only time will tell but i do think water is extremely important ... besides the fact i'm a biology student :D

dude ur tiny, i would say 7 - 8 to be safe .. although i seriously doubt anyone will reach the effects of dry-drowning themselves. (where water is in your lungs, and when u lie down it blocks the ventricles causing u not to breath)

I say stick around the 8 glasses unless u know u weigh more than the average weight of a man which is i think around 78kg... (depending on country)

I drink about a gallon a day and it has helped.

and as far as how much you should drink it all depends on your weight.

i weigh like 113lbs

how much should i drink?

1/2 gallon a day should be fine.

Half your weight in ounces is the usual guideline.

So 150 pounds= 75 ounces of water (approximately 9 or glasses) unless, of course, you're working out.

i don't think anyone should worry too much about water intoxication aslong as they're being fairly sensible. doubling the recommended water consumption over 24 horus won't kill you. we're talking lots more and in a short space of time. remember leah betts.. she drank 7 litres of water in 90 minutes, that's what killed her. the same amount over 24 hours is far far more than you need, but probably wouldn't kill you...

Guest tired of this shish

yes, the standard is half according to your weight--too much can flush out electrolytes.

yes, the standard is half according to your weight--too much can flush out electrolytes.

i drink any where from 4 to 8 glasses a day i love water that apple juice is all i drink i havent frank soda in like 3 years.

Well i can say after 2 days of Drinking HEAPS ov water (heaps being roughly 9 glasses a day my face has IMPROVED OUT OF SIGHT!!!! my skin is full of colour and the only acne spots on my face are old scars... NO NEW papules anymore!!!

I SERIOUSLY recommend it... Although u do spend half the day in the toilet hahaha but i rekon after about a week my skin should be awsome! Although time will tell