Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

When I wake up in the morning my skin looks pretty good, it looks well rested.

At night time, my skin looks blotchy, red and all the imperfections look worse. I'm not sure if its because i'm tired or not. It's strange that my skin looks different, at different hours of the day.

Anyone else notice this?

At night time, my skin looks blotchy, red and all the imperfections look worse. I'm not sure if its because i'm tired or not. It's strange that my skin looks different, at different hours of the day.

Anyone else notice this?

Im kind of the same, My skin feels and looks best (best given the circumstances that is) after a good nights sleep, then by the end of the day more blotchyness seems to occur. Then again my skin dries the most during sleep which is kind of what the accutane is meant to do, so that may be why. I have learnt today from my Doc that I do not need to moisturize my skin all the time which can make my face look red & more blotchy anyway, as it can clog the pores ofcourse which may affect the effectiveness of the RoAcc so that may be why for me, as I tend to moisturize more during the day but not before sleep except for lip balm on the lips ofcourse!

AndD

:ninja:

Anyone else notice this?

Im kind of the same, My skin feels and looks best (best given the circumstances that is) after a good nights sleep, then by the end of the day more blotchyness seems to occur. Then again my skin dries the most during sleep which is kind of what the accutane is meant to do, so that may be why. I have learnt today from my Doc that I do not need to moisturize my skin all the time which can make my face look red & more blotchy anyway, as it can clog the pores ofcourse which may affect the effectiveness of the RoAcc so that may be why for me, as I tend to moisturize more during the day but not before sleep except for lip balm on the lips ofcourse!

AndD

last night was the first time in awhile I skipped moisturizer, that could be why! I was exhauted when I came home from work, so decided just to cleanse and put on lip balm......and my face looks a lot better today. Maybe I should skip the moisturizer the odd time.

Anyone else notice this?

AndD

last night was the first time in awhile I skipped moisturizer, that could be why! I was exhauted when I came home from work, so decided just to cleanse and put on lip balm......and my face looks a lot better today. Maybe I should skip the moisturizer the odd time.

Yeah that is my thinking now, after all the spots need a dry environment to dry up and kind of flake off, so give it a go and only moisturize really necessary areas of the face which are very dry. No more moisturizer for me on acne infected areas for the time being......

I do not need to moisturize my skin all the time which can make my face look red & more blotchy anyway,

DEFINITELY, man. It really makes my skin look horrible when I wake up, lots more discoloration :(

I haven't started tane yet, not until next week. Right now I'm using Retin-A, but I notice the same thing. In the morning I'll think, "Hey, my skin doesn't look that bad" but by the end of the day I cringe when I look in the mirror! :confused:

i never moisturize before bed

If your on tane and don't moisturize before bed its not good. Your skin heals better when it is moisturize not when it is dry sensitive or cracking.

i never moisturize before bed

If your on tane and don't moisturize before bed its not good. Your skin heals better when it is moisturize not when it is dry sensitive or cracking.

That is how it has worked for you. But everyones skin is different. I am now after a couple of days seeing much more improvement by moisturizing less (perhaps the RoACC is kicking in more now, but moisturizer has never done me any real favours apart from when I got sunburn on a skiing trip a long time ago). Existing acne and new acne does need to dry after all. Too much moisturuizing and i get new spots and am red & blotchy, anyway I am going by my doc recommendation as it can clog pores (And as far as I am aware things like 'no comedgenic' etc do not guarantee it will not cuase spots- there are no set standards/ clinical tests for these companies that make claims their products are acne safe, not in the UK anyway, testing is all in house). Anyway drifting off the subject.

For me leaving it to dry some is better, not totally ofcourse, but be more moderate

No, he's right, moisturizer makes it heal better,

but who cares? I'll worry about that after I stop breaking out and looking like shit. For now, moisturizer makes me look awful.