Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Guest one_day

lol, cute but have acne. great username...its even worse than mines.

This is easy to figure out. First, get your boyfriend/girlfriend to ask his/her friends to rate you on a scale from 1 to 10. Make sure to tell your boyfriend/girlfriend to tell his/her friends that he/she won't tell you what they say. Get as many ratings as possible and then average them to get a pretty accurate score.

I had a very shallow boyfriend once whose friends and family would tell him my 'score'. It was so darn sexist! His father's friend gave me a 10 (gross). His bestfriend who thought I was a b-tch and liked tall blondes gave me a 5. The following year, upon getting to actually know me and liking me, the best friend upped my score to an 8. LOL, the whole rating thing strikes me as so funny now.

The most important thing I learned was not to care that much. Everyone will have different opinions. I've even heard people say that Brad Pitt is ugly.

id say im not the nicest in the world but again not the worst (bad quality pic in profile). and trust me when i say this.. i dont think highly of myself lol

im to the point where i could look like a goat (thank god i dont) and id still have balls of steel around the ladies.. if only my little annoying friends wouldnt keep popping up at seemingly the worst times. that pic was on one of the occasions where i wasnt too bad for a few days and was getting out and about.

Finding how 'how good looking' you are is impossible to discover because we can't define what 'good looking' is in any absolute way. "Good looks" are totally subjective and are a matter of opinion....you cannot truly quantify them.

I find it interesting how ideas of beauty are drastically different between individuals, in other countries or in other time periods. It is probably safe to say though that acne has never been beautiful. The reason for this being that it looks like a diseased state and sickness is never sexy. It also indicates that the hormones aren't in the right proportions, another universal negative.

just post your picture on hotornot

I'm sure your rating goes up depending on how sleazy you dress. Also, some people photograph great, but don't look that hot in person and vice versa. I read that people with oversized square jaws and undersized noses photograph well, but look odd in real life. When a person's face is transferred to a two dimensional medium, distortion takes place.

Guest Kaelynd

Yes, I am very good looking. Minus my acne and the 5-7 pounds I could stand to lose:)

There's a "science" to beauty...1) How balanced your face is, as in if you made a line right down the middle of your face, both sides would mirror one another. If your face is symetrical it "shows" that you have good genes...evolution...blah blah blah. 2) The size, placement of, certain features makes people look more attractive. For examlple, people with large eyes that are closer, not too close, to one another are seen as more attractive because it shows youth, just look at an infant's face. There's actually a "formula" for this..it's called facialmetrics...very interesting. If I can explain this right, if you take pictures of a number of different people within one sex and you add them together, this is, of course, done with computers, and form one facial image, it is seen as more attractive the closer you get to the "average"...apparently in nature average is the goal.

There must also be a racial component to it. People generally find the opposite gender of their race to be the most beautiful. Of course, there are always exceptions!

Guest Kaelynd

There's a "science" to beauty...1) How balanced your face is, as in if you made a line right down the middle of your face, both sides would mirror one another. If your face is symetrical it "shows" that you have good genes...evolution...blah blah blah. 2) The size, placement of, certain features makes people look more attractive. For examlple, people with large eyes that are closer, not too close, to one another are seen as more attractive because it shows youth, just look at an infant's face. There's actually a "formula" for this..it's called facialmetrics...very interesting. If I can explain this right, if you take pictures of a number of different people within one sex and you add them together, this is, of course, done with computers, and form one facial image, it is seen as more attractive the closer you get to the "average"...apparently in nature average is the goal.

Wow, I never would have known. That is so interestig.

hotornot pisses me off... on one picture I can be a 9.8 and on another picture I can be a 7! Its good at helping me see which ones are good and which are shit though cause then I know to only let people see the ones that get over a 9 lol.

Guest one_day

you get to the "average"...apparently in nature average is the goal.

Closer you get to the 'average'? What you mean exactly?

I change from really ugly to really good looking and back again depending on what my skins like and what weight i am and things. I hate it, i dont think I have an inbetween im either called UGLY (when going through a bad phase) or SEXY (when going through good phase) so i think I change alot. Sometimes I can like what i see in the mirror but the majority of the time I cant stand it and get real depressed.

Finding how 'how good looking' you are is impossible to discover because we can't define what 'good looking' is in any absolute way. "Good looks" are totally subjective and are a matter of opinion....you cannot truly quantify them.

yea i totally agree with you.

i can say one girl is cute and my friend might think she is ok. or i can say a girl is so hot and my friend can agree. everyone has different taste.

You can always post a pic on hotornot, but that can be somewhat skewed with people going through and posting 1's and 5's (the 1's being assholes, and the 5's usually being people rating members of the same sex or just not having an opinion either way on the picture...OR not wanting to offend the person if they find them ugly or something).

Tbh I think everyone thinks they are good looking in some way...some people take it too far and are just self-obsessed...but most people like something about their appearance. I like my eyes...thats about it though :P

hey guys , i think every1 in

this world thinks he or she is good looking ... but what is others view , is something that no one knows , how can u find this out whether ur really good lookin or not ?

Why do you always make so many posts pertaining to looks and YOUR insecuretys about how good looking you are. It seriously gets old after a while. I wouldnt flame you if this was your first post about this but seriously stop obssesing.

just try and look the best you can and then forget about it cause its not important.

I know its not nice to think you dont look your full potential though but it doesnt change much apart from in our own heads usually, because its not as important as we make it. Its better to work on being comfortable in yourself as a person than trying to get comfortable with your looks, cause thats the only way to get real confidence! easier said than done though if its been the bane of your life for god knows how many years.

meh...dunno...really depends on your attitude at the time, sometimes I feel goodlooking...other times horrible...

sometimes I try not to think about it...

As someone mentioned above, facial attractiveness can be measured by its symmetry, among others.

I've conducted research on physical attractiveness while in college, and there is some universal agreement on what constitutes a pretty face and an unattractive face. But of course as with every study, there are variations depending on the individual! If there is a consensus among a sample majority (alpha<.05) then we make a case and say "most people prefer this over that".

Anyway, here's a good link with more information and you can also see how symmetrical your face is:

http://www.beautyanalysis.com/index2_mba.htm

isnt the question the problem in the first place? i mean who gives a shit what anyone else meausures u up to be.. there was a girl at our work, shes tall, blonde, gorgeous and she was always made out to be number 1 but many men didnt think she was that gorgeous because beuty is different to everyone..

its sex appeal and confidence that attracts pl and the way u make them feel...

this question if it keeps getting asked over and over..u will never be truly happy...coz once u are OK with u, u dont give a rats ass what anyone else thinks...coz if u think u are cute, then u are and others will think it too..