Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CrackIsWhack

Happy w/Accutane so far (2.5 months)

I'm pretty siked on my skin today, and just wanted to post that. There's hope, people! I wanted to post some pics of my progress, but they didn't go on when I hit "add this attachment" You'll have to take my word for it!

I'm pretty siked on my skin today, and just wanted to post that. There's hope, people! I wanted to post some pics of my progress, but they didn't go on when I hit "add this attachment" You'll have to take my word for it!

Hi,

So have you been off accutane for 2.5 months or are you into a course 2.5 months? I was just wondering as I have been on roaccutane now for 7 weeks. This was primarily for cystic & nodular acne which was relatively severe but only effected the t-zone region of the face and the cheeks, occasionally on the back. I was wondering what your accuaten epxerience was like or has been so far.

Right now being in my 7th week of a 120 day course i guess it is early days still. I can say that generally it is working to some effect. I havent had a really big severe cyst for about a week now and only am getting the occasional smaller softer nodules now. However existing spots are taking a looooonngg time to heal up and areas of my face and forehead are red including existing spots. A few tiny blackheads or hard skin are appearing which appear to be scarring, but i guess i may just need to moisturize some more. To be honest my skin still looks pretty crap in a few areas and Im hoping to see a more consistent road to recovery soon.

Incidentally when i moisturize now i notice lumps of skin just rubbing off as i apply the moisturizer, is there any good way to exfoliate safely on accuatne as i know it is not advise in general.

Regards

AndD

Thanks, Notsobad!! AndD, I'm 2 and a half months INTO my treatment, so...3 and a half to go, I think. So far, the worst side effect is that my hip(s) are killing me. Everything else is tolerable, and even that I can live with. How u doing so far?

Thanks, Notsobad!! AndD, I'm 2 and a half months INTO my treatment, so...3 and a half to go, I think. So far, the worst side effect is that my hip(s) are killing me. Everything else is tolerable, and even that I can live with. How u doing so far?

Im doing ok i guess, waiting for things to kick in more, there is progress but now I want more. Unfortunately today i scratched my skin a bit and it scabbed and now i have a big red blotch just above my nose...lovely. Aprt from that usual symptoms. I had a few aches and twinges in the first few weeks, back & arms. I am still kinda of getting regular flare ups every 2-3 days but they seem to be less severe now, like i said no big nasty cysts, smaller spots and spots that when scratched break and cause a nice red blotch.

I do occasional have back ache, but i have had a bit of that for years so I do not know if it is the RoAcc bringing it on now, no doubt it is. Apart from that my face is no longer oily. So really my main symptoms right now are flaky skin and drylips and spots which heal slowly are redder than usual, so my face looks like crap, which is not totaly tolerable most of the time. Did you have probs with your hips before RoAcc at all, old injury or something? Just wondering if like my backache which comes and goes it may be the RoAcc bringing old injury/ aches back.

I heard these symptoms can really get worse the longer you take RoAcc. I am a bit concerned about summer now and getting dryer nose and throat and eyes because i get hayfever real bad, still if the symptoms stay as they are and my skin improves over the next few months that will do me.