Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i have heard all these people talking about how the first few applications of bp, for those not used to it are very hard, (redness and dryness and flaking occurs) but i was wondering is mosturizer really necsassary? Personally i have really tough skin and i can only tell that the bp is on my face for the first 5 mins after application. It must be noted that i follow through on all the other steps exactly, thus i spend around 15 mins making sure all the bp is absorbed and i use two full finger for my cheeks and chin. the bp i am using is the Neutrogena spot treatment (which people said is harder on the skin). I guess if my skin can handle it why put more chemicals on my face?

P.S. this has been going on for 2 weeks with no mosturizer.

Moisturizer is part of the Regimen to keep the skin in balance.

You don't have to use it twice a day, but please do use it at least once a day. It does help to keep the skin from becoming dehydrated. Even oily skin can become dehydrated (cells dry of moisture).

on that note, i ahve been looking for mosturizers cause i figured i should use them, but i cant find ones that dont have SPF and SA. I dont need the SPF (extra chemicals that dont do anything usefull cant be good) and i realise that the SA might have an impact on the bp. i ending up buying some oil free Neutrogina mosturizer, it has a bit of SA, should i start using it ? Given that i do rub the bp in well and give it 15 - 20 mins to absorb?

You shouldn't use SA while using BP, even if your skin is tough. It will over-irritate and irritation leads to breakouts.

How come you're set against an SPF moisturizer? SPF is important because BP makes your skin less resistant to the sun's harmful rays, and more prone to sun burn.

ok so just to clarify, if SA is put over 15 mins after bp it shoudnt have an effect on the bp? with regard to the SA being over irritating there isent that much in the mosturizer. i dont really burn with regard to the sun, after 2 weeks I havent seen any adverse effects the sun had had on my skin, i am more worried about the bp being interfered with by the SA , i know that one part of the regime is to not irratate you skin but that doesnt seem to be a problem for me

If you are in the US, there is Neutrogena oil-free moisturizer, it comes in a version with spf and without spf. There is also Cetaphil, but I do think it has spf. There are many moisturizers out there without SA, and even though it is the current trend to have spf in facial moisturizers, there are still plenty available without it.

Unless you live in a cave though, you really should think about at least a spf lotion so you don't burn.

ok ill look around btw i have a tube of Neutrogena oil-free moisturizer, but it has SA..........................

Right, and as we've told you, SA is strictly advised against for users wanting to begin the CSR. If you want to really be on the regimen, then you can't use SA.

If nobody else in your family can make use of it, and you don't want to hold onto it for the future then yes. One of the specific no-nos of the regimen is the use of SA and BP together. It's not just the regimen either, most dermatologists and acne books specifically warn against the use of SA and BP.

There is another Neutrogena oil-free moisturizer, and I believe it's SPF-free. Perhaps your drugstore carries that?

tis got SPF the one i have doesnt, you mentioned that it comes with and without SPF if you could point me to the item that has no SPF it would be greatly appreciated

MOISTURISER IS VERY IMPORTANT

make sure u keep moisturiser on ur face from day1

i did what u did wen i started. my skin cleard up SO FAST

but i didnt moisturise, an acne started to come back bigtime, leaving marks taht i stil have now hehe (red ones that are slowly fading)

make sure u moisturiser from day1 an u shud be fine

kk guys i got that Mosturizer and am going to put it on tonight wihtout any bp so that if indeed my skin is irratated it will fix itslef