Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I used to have slightly oily cheeks and a perfect forehead. No spots or zits it was clean and clear on my forehead but I had some on my cheeks cuz they were oily. Now for some reason it has completely switched my forehead is extremely oily and now I get breakouts but my cheeks are normal and no breakouts there anymore and no spots at all.

My question is, I've heard that taking really hot showers will dry and irritate your skin out, making oily skin even oilier. So I havent stopped taking hot showers but I've stopped actually putting my face under the hot water stream, however, do you guys think that just being in a hot shower with all the heat and the steam could be drying out my face too? I need some help with this because No matter how gently I wash or what kinds of oil free moisturizers I use my forehead just gets soooo oily and it sucks :( any help appreciated, thx

I used to have slightly oily cheeks and a perfect forehead. No spots or zits it was clean and clear on my forehead but I had some on my cheeks cuz they were oily. Now for some reason it has completely switched my forehead is extremely oily and now I get breakouts but my cheeks are normal and no breakouts there anymore and no spots at all.

My question is, I've heard that taking really hot showers will dry and irritate your skin out, making oily skin even oilier. So I havent stopped taking hot showers but I've stopped actually putting my face under the hot water stream, however, do you guys think that just being in a hot shower with all the heat and the steam could be drying out my face too? I need some help with this because No matter how gently I wash or what kinds of oil free moisturizers I use my forehead just gets soooo oily and it sucks :( any help appreciated, thx

It could be the moisturizers. Try switching to aloe vera gel, instead of moisturzers.

I'm pretty sure it's not the moisturizers because right after I apply them and for a good hour or so my skin is completely matte. So I know its not just moisutrizer greasiness since my skin right after applying is matte. But after a few hours it gets oily. :\

Besides I use a AHA moisturizer and it has GREATLY helped my skin tone and acne problem so I cannot stop using it because its helped so much blah

o just dont take really hot showers, becuase it does cause more oil production, but when you shower let the water run on it everyonce in awhile.dont forget to rinse off your face when you are done washing it with cold water to close up the pores.like right when you're getting out of the shower.if you get oily thorugh the day just pat it off with some tp or anything like that, napkins wte.dont wipe it off though, pat it.dont worry its not a big deal, and if you take my advice it will help aot.

the only reason i even care about the oil is because its the number 1 source of my acne right now. I used to be oily on the cheeks and had breakouts on my cheeks, now i have normal skin on cheeks havent had a breakout there in months. But oily forehead is where they breakout now lol. if the oil didnt cause this acne i wouldnt particularly care lol