Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chapula

Outbreaks just don't heal on tane!

I just began my 4th month on tane, I'm definitely saw a 50% overall improvement on my acne, face and back, and I'm breaking out a good deal less but...when I get a zit, no matter how big or small it heals just as slow as pre-tane! I thought outbreaks are suppose to heal a lot faster on tane or is tane just there to prevent new ones!? I see people write that when they get a zit on tane, it heals like in 1 or 2 days.

But I'm not on my maximum 1mg/kg dose, but not too far either from it. I'm taking 50mg a day but I weigh 64kgs. My derm said that he won't raise it too 70mg until month 5 or 6, he's the type of guy that cares about the cumulative dose.

Jesus! I was on 90mg/day and I'm 68 kg...

See if you can crank it up further if the side effects aren't too bad.

Also no, it shouldn't heal faster at all. It only prevents acne, it doesn't treat it. Basically it stops it before the skin forms. So why it takes so long to work is because you need to wait to shed the old skin.

Jesus! I was on 90mg/day and I'm 68 kg...

See if you can crank it up further if the side effects aren't too bad.

Also no, it shouldn't heal faster at all. It only prevents acne, it doesn't treat it. Basically it stops it before the skin forms. So why it takes so long to work is because you need to wait to shed the old skin.

That's shit! But it makes me wonder, how the hell people with large cysts get them healed so fast on tane?? My cousin who recommended me tane, his acne was horrible, he had cysts upon cysts, his face and back was always in pain and after only about 3 months of treatment all of his cysts were nearly gone, this is makes me wonder because cysts like that take ages to heal. Lets see water others say, if more responses will come.

It takes longer to heal wounds on tane. Pimples do go away quicker when you get into about the 4th months of tane. Go figure.

That's funny, my healing process with red marks is exact the same like pretane not slower and not faster and same with the outbreaks.

That's funny, my healing process with red marks is exact the same like pretane not slower and not faster and same with the outbreaks.

HI,

I just wanted to add to the discussion, that while Im only on my 7th week of RoAcc I am seeing the same results as some of you are talking about. Now any spots i get are very red and take a loonnnggg time to heal. I also seem to be getting a few blackheads and little scars/ red marks, perhaps i am not moisturizing enough!!! Any got any good tips for during the course....?

Regards

AndD

:ninja:

But it also depends on your dosage and how well you take tane (with fat).

But it also depends on your dosage and how well you take tane (with fat).

question: how do you mean ' How well you take tane (with fat)'. Are there particular steps pertaining to this that might improve its effectiveness apart from up'ing the dosage..just wondering

I myself am on 60mg a day, I probably weigh about 71 or 72 kg

Thx