Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
soulstar

Which Benzoyl Peroxide do you use?

I started the regimen and continued using PanOxyl 2.5% for about 4-5 weeks and found it very irritating, it made my red and dry. I would definitely recommend ordering Dan's gel from this website- its so worth it! :)

We frequently get complaints about Panoxy being too dry and irritating.

As for Quinoderm, I believe "Real Maverick" uses it, so you might ask him about that product. I'm not sure if Quinoderm comes in a 2.5% though. I think it is 5%.

Dan's CSR gel really is the best I've ever used though, imo.

I started the regimen and continued using PanOxyl 2.5% for about 4-5 weeks and found it very irritating, it made my red and dry. I would definitely recommend ordering Dan's gel from this website- its so worth it! :)

100% agree, Dans Gel is so much better. PanOxy made me face so red.

Like everyone has already said, Dan's really is the best out there. If you can't get it for some reason, the next on the ladder is Neutrogena On The Spot. The only drawback to that is that it's quite expensive for the tiny little bottles it comes in.

In case you aren't able to order Dan's product, I'd recommend BENOXYL GEL 2.5%.

It looks similar to Dan's from what I see in his videos. And it's very effective too.

I've been using it almost all the way through my 10 weeks on this regimen and I'm clear. So the thing definitely works.

:)

I use prescription 2.5% BP (Glades). I believe a company called Stieffel makes it and sells it to various relabers (Kaiser, Glades, Benzac, etc). It's really good stuff. It also contains a small amount of dimethicone, which is used in many moisturizers as a skin protectant. It doesn't make my skin red at all when I use it. You still need a bit of moisturizer though.

If you can't get this, I'd just hold off for the mail and get Dan's CSR gel. I am going to try it next time I get low on my current supply, even though I get the Glades very cheap.

i used Panoxyl and Quinoderm before, the panoxyl 2.5% was rubbish, it made my face really sore

quinoderm was better, comes in 5% and 10%, has a emoliating property and contains lactic Acid, was alright, but its hard to use moisturiser with it, so only at night was i able to use it.

Panoxyl used to give me rashes and red blotches when I was younger, not it's okay. So, I might suggest you to try the other one.

*edited by moderator*

Mate, I've used PanOxyl for two years. I had to use it with water so my face wouldnt rash up.

Okay, it really has helped with me acne so far, but it's finally taken a toll on my skin, and thats why I've ordered Dan's CSR gel.

I've been off all products for 2 days now cos I'm so dry and flakey from PanOxyl, and I forgot to mention it makes you very red, and very greasy. So, avoid it mate.

I use the on-the-spot cream and love it. But just one piece of advice NO PANOXYL...it made me dry, flaky, as red as a lobster and it also turned my skin brown. It took about one month of not using it for my skin to return to its usual pale white colour. :evil:

Guys, not everybody can order online, or afford the shipping if they're in the UK

If that's the case, my favorite is Oxy on the spot, but then second to that Quinoderm because the tube is much bigger.