Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rosihhh

Painful Under Skin Lump

Hi Everyone, i have this lump on my cheekbone thats painful and under the skin, is this what a cyst is?! CAn i get rid of it with Benzoyl Peroxide, shall i just leave it? please help, those who know! love rosiex

i have had a few cysts from spots and after a while i decided to squeeze them out (after 6months of it being there) and that got rid of them. I had 1 big cyst on my cheek which used to go red and sore some days but never had a head on it until about 8-12 months later then i squeezed everything out of it and its been fine since.

There is nothing to squeeze out thou...its only been there for 3 days and its red, very painful and only raised slightly off the skins surface...im pretty sure squeezing it would do no good.x

if its only been there 3 days it might just be an ordinary spot thats going to come to a head. Like i said i could only squeeze the stuff out of my cysts after months after it had gotten it. if it is just red i would suggest to leave it and it will probably get a white head on it in the next few days.

Does anyone else have any advice? overnight it has grown and is now double the size, and very very painful...my mum says that half my face looks swollen from it.......will it go down ever!?

Does anyone else have any advice? overnight it has grown and is now double the size, and very very painful...my mum says that half my face looks swollen from it.......will it go down ever!?

The thing about cysts is that they're all different and they all respond differently to treatments. The best thing to do is load on the benzoyl peroxide just as you feel one coming on. But once they're full blown on your face, oftentimes there's little you can do other than let it run it's course, draining it if/when it comes to a head. But for a good "instant" treatment, call up your dermatologist and make an appointment for a cortisone injection. Nine times out of ten, the cysts goes away within 24 hours.

Hang in there!

I get that all the time and I panic and think its going to look horrible tommorow morning...so I usually put an ice pack on my face wherever it hurts at and it usually helps the pain and redness go away!! :D

The best advice I can give to you is DO NOT TOUCH!!! :naughty:

I have these types of cystic spots all the time. Hard lumps, they start off as painful and then just sit there, not coming to a head or anything. Just sit there, looking all red and angry! :mad:

When they first appear on my face, they do swell up the whole area around it really badly, and I've had the whole of my chin swell up before now at the onset of these babies!!

It will go down, it may take a bit of time. I have had one for a couple of months now, but it has reduced in size and it isn't painful anymore at all.

The cortisone injection may be a good idea for you. I have never had one, but it sounds like it could work.

The main thing at the moment, is don't touch and try not to keep looking at it in the mirror, as this'll tempt you to prod and poke at it.

I bathe mine with a red hot flannel every night, and this takes away the pain and helps it to go down. I do this for about 10 minutes each night, and although it looks unsightly red after it, about 2 hours later, it feels and looks so much better.

Hang in there; they're nasty little (big!!!!) things, but they will go eventually.

thank you all for your help, this is the 1st nodule/cyst ive ever had and im abit scared it a sign of things to come.......it is increadibly painful but fortunatly its on the side of my cheek near(ish) my ear so most of the time i can cover it with my hair.

I managed to get an appointment with my derm tonight and i am going to ask for an injection, if it does scar then its in an area i can cover it up so im not worried about that too much.

The pain is just so unbearable, its throbbing i hate it!

x