Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wangeltear

Need advice for my acne scars (w/ pics)

I just stopped using accutane about five weeks ago. My face still looks a bit red. And I have been using Retin-A and Obagi exfoderm since then. I am more worried about my acne scars right now, cause that they are really serious. I have attached the photos about my scars.

Could anybody give me some recommendations for treating my scars and redness?

I would like to get some peeling now. But when is recommendable for me to start TCA cross? And what can I use right now? Some acid peelings with low concentrations? Or some others?

post-35912-1146499552_thumb.jpg

post-35912-1146499574_thumb.jpg

post-35912-1146499586_thumb.jpg

post-35912-1146499552_thumb.jpg

post-35912-1146499574_thumb.jpg

post-35912-1146499586_thumb.jpg

You should try Vitamin C.. that really helps..

Did reatin-A help your red marks in those 5 weeks?

you shouldn't be doing anything until 6 mo. after you stopped accutane. you could cause further scarring as you skin is still very fragile.

Does Vitamin C help with the redness or the scar? Are you talking about the cream or the lotion?

Retin-A doesn't help with the red marks. But I guess the Obagi clear might help a little in my case.

You should try Vitamin C.. that really helps..

Did reatin-A help your red marks in those 5 weeks?

Not even any facial cream or spot treatment with low concentration like 12.5% TCA? Personally, I did find the Obagi Nu-derm system helpful with the redness and it evens my tone a bit after the accutane.

you shouldn't be doing anything until 6 mo. after you stopped accutane. you could cause further scarring as you skin is still very fragile.

I've found microdermabrasion to be the best scar remover. I've struggled with mild acne for about ten years and I didn't have deep scars, but I certainly didn't have perfectly smooth skin either. So, when I was about 17 I tried microdermabrasion and usually do a series (which is 6 treatments at the spa I go to) once a year to keep my skin looking good. However, I did try a glycolic peel. The esthetician that performed the peel TOTALLY screwed up and instead of doing a 15% peel, did a 45%!! She fried my face! Plus, she allowed the acid to pool on my check, thus creating this circle shaped depression in my face! I spent almost $2000 to get the scar removed....the bad part? I worked for an attorney (still do) and he could have helped me figure out a way to make the ethetician pay for everything it cost me to get my skin fixed. The really bad part? I didn't pursue it and like a fool at the $. So, needless to say, I don't recommend that route. I still insist microdermabrasion is the best route...it makes your skin feel WONDERFUL after each treatment...

I just stopped using accutane about five weeks ago. My face still looks a bit red. And I have been using Retin-A and Obagi exfoderm since then. I am more worried about my acne scars right now, cause that they are really serious. I have attached the photos about my scars.

Could anybody give me some recommendations for treating my scars and redness?

I would like to get some peeling now. But when is recommendable for me to start TCA cross? And what can I use right now? Some acid peelings with low concentrations? Or some others?

your scars look like they can be treated quite easily, i would start using retin a and a vitamin c daily cream, see how that goes than maybe do a tca cross

for those shallow scars I would suggest microderm. U can get the kit from the store or buy a pro at home kit through the net. If u get and at home kit then use it for a long time to see results. I started to use an at home f\pro unit about 1 month after accutane and have had no probs. I even rubbed a spot raw on accident and it healed up really well. BTW the spot I rubbed raw had a scar that is now unoticable it was a minor scar but still.

Hi, Keith: Thank you so much. May I know the brand of the pro at home kit you bought? And where did you get it?

for those shallow scars I would suggest microderm. U can get the kit from the store or buy a pro at home kit through the net. If u get and at home kit then use it for a long time to see results. I started to use an at home f\pro unit about 1 month after accutane and have had no probs. I even rubbed a spot raw on accident and it healed up really well. BTW the spot I rubbed raw had a scar that is now unoticable it was a minor scar but still.

I have very similar scars to yours, mostly in the forehead so I'm eager to hear what people will say. I am also basically clear of acne and am looking into different options. I've tried the at-home microdermabrasion as well as professional ones. It doesn't seem to make much of a difference, but that kind of thing takes a very long time to see subtle results. Do you guys think fraxel or TCA cross would be effective on these types of scars? Also, the guy that suggested the Vitamin C cream, what brand and where would you get it? Is it oily?

The vitamin C cream is better for redness I think. I will spot-treatment my forehead with TCA cross after two more months. I will post my pics then. BTW, what is fraxel?

I have very similar scars to yours, mostly in the forehead so I'm eager to hear what people will say. I am also basically clear of acne and am looking into different options. I've tried the at-home microdermabrasion as well as professional ones. It doesn't seem to make much of a difference, but that kind of thing takes a very long time to see subtle results. Do you guys think fraxel or TCA cross would be effective on these types of scars? Also, the guy that suggested the Vitamin C cream, what brand and where would you get it? Is it oily?

Fraxel is the lastest non-ablative laser treatment for scars. There is a really long post titled, "Fraxel Success Stories" that you should read through to find out more about it. It's very informative.

After reading so many other posts, I come up with this my regimen. How do you guys think about it? I am two months off accutane now.

continue to use Obagi Nuderm.

Add vitamin C powder to moisturer.

Use Tazorac instead of Retin-A 1% in one month. I have been using retin-a 1% for over a year.

Weekly microderm at home and weekly aspirin mask.

And I will spot-treatment my forehead with TCA cross after two more months. I will post my pics then.

How do you think about it?