Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
heymikey

Good multi-vitamins without iodine

Do you guys know any good multi-vitamins without iodine that is good for acne and general well-being?

Do you guys know any good multi-vitamins without iodine that is good for acne and general well-being?

I don't but I would like to find a good vit. with out iodine and b-12!

Nature's Bounty has a multivitamin without iron and without iodine. In my area it sells for $3.98/bottle for 100. It's a small clear bottle with red tablets.

But it only includes the B-vitamins(without biotin), Vitamin A,B,C,E,K(at 33%).

*cough* vegetables *cough*

Yes...that works, but you have to eat about 8 servings of vegetables a day.

Fortunately I eat about 6-7 servings a day, but many vegetables lack iron and Vitamin E as well as magnesium.

1) RDA's are a pile of shit. 2) There's an enormous difference between natual and synthetic vitamins. 3) Everything you need is available to you naturally, Iron & Magnessium can be found in both spinach and pumpkin seeds, and almonds are full of vitamin E.

One-A-Day Men's Health Formula is what I use. No iodine, no iron, and you can find it easily at most supermarkets (well, at least here in the U.S. where I live.)

Guest frogprince

it's nice to see that people are being aware of iodine when looking for a brand,

however, i just wanted to note that there are people who also break out

from vitamins B6 and B12.

I myself avoid B6 and B12 because they break me out so badly

In fact, I avoid multivitamins capsules all together.

I would suggest taking vitamins seperately. It may be more expensive, but in the long run,

you are able to see what vitamins specifically works or you and see what doesn't.

This method, of taking vitamins seperately, has helped me with a clear complexion now.

good luck

1) RDA's are a pile of shit. 2) There's an enormous difference between natual and synthetic vitamins. 3) Everything you need is available to you naturally, Iron & Magnessium can be found in both spinach and pumpkin seeds, and almonds are full of vitamin E.

The RDA is really there to avoid deficiency as opposed to optimize health. Not all synthetic vitamins are bad, in fact there is no difference between the synthetic and natural version of Vitamin C. Additionally, the conversion of Beta-Carotene to Vitamin A in the body is poor, compared to ingesting 5000 IU of Vitamin A.

Yes, everything is available to you naturally, I rely more on my vegetables than I do on multivitamins...but that doesn't mean multivitamins can't help.