Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[attachmentid=4421]

[attachmentid=4422]

How does this look to you? Im freaked out because im all red... What should i do to reduce the redness? Should i just continue with the same procedure and wait untill it gets better and then start using more benzoyl peroxide, or should i do something else...?

help help help :pray:

post-40402-1146493253_thumb.jpg

post-40402-1146493285_thumb.jpg

post-40402-1146493253_thumb.jpg

post-40402-1146493285_thumb.jpg

Firstly, are you on the clear skin regimen? If yes, and that's what's causing the redness, then don't worry. Redness and irritation are to be totally expected when starting the CSR. It will subside completely in a couple of days to a couple of weeks. The only thing you need to make sure is that you started with a very small amount of BP and are slowly ramping up the dosage. If the irritation becomes too much for you, skip an application or two then start again with a very small amount of BP. Good luck.

Firstly, are you on the clear skin regimen? If yes, and that's what's causing the redness, then don't worry. Redness and irritation are to be totally expected when starting the CSR. It will subside completely in a couple of days to a couple of weeks. The only thing you need to make sure is that you started with a very small amount of BP and are slowly ramping up the dosage. If the irritation becomes too much for you, skip an application or two then start again with a very small amount of BP. Good luck.

I started about a week ago wuth the CSR. First time i used only a little BP and left it 2 hours on my face. Each day i left the BP 30 minutes longer. Yesterday i left it on my face for 4 hours, and i guess that was too much. Another mistake that i made was that i didnt use a moisturizer in the start, but i got one now and im using it every time...

If i continue using the BP 4 hours daily and moisturize alot, is the redness going to stop? If not, maybe it would be best to stop for a few days?

ps. i heard that 100% aloe vera gel reduces redness, is it a good idea to use it while im on CSR?

my face was that red wen i started the regimen!

stick with it ul clear up man

why are you leaving it on for only a little while? Does that mean you are washing it off? That extra washing might be part of the problem. But as the others have said, reduce the amount you are using and/or skip an application or two.

also, let us know exactly which products you are using, cleanser, bp, and moisturizer.

Try not to add in any other factors for now; just stick to the basic regimen until you start seeing some consistancy. Now, why are you removing the BP after X hours? Even at the start of the regimen, you should be leaving it on until the next BP application.

There's a very good chance your face is red because you didn't moisturize from the start, so it's good that you've started now. My advice is to review the regimen as it seems so far you haven't really followed it too closely. After that continue on and see if your skin starts getting used to the BP. If it only gets worse, stop the applications for a few days, enough time for your skin to return to normal. At that point you can restart, with moisturizer and using only a pea-sized amount of BP, and slowly ramp up the dosage.

Well, before i read about CSR, i found this -> http://www.clinicalbasicskincare.com/bpo.asp

Following that treatment program, i increased the time i left the BP on my face every few days... When i left the BP longer than 5 hours on my face, i got my face completely red, so i thought that i should first increase the BP exposure (as it is mentioned in the link), before i get started with the CSR...

Im using Dercome Clear BP cream (4%), Avene Cleanance for washing the face before i use the BP, and Clean&Clear dual action moisturizer (i have realy oily skin, and i found this moisturizer good, and cheap...)

Oh yeah, i think that the possible reason i got burned this time was that i waited my face to dry after washing (as i read in CSR), before i apllyed the BP. Untill this time, i allways washed my face, then pressed only once very lightly the towel to my face, and then i applyed BP on my face, when it was still a little wet...)

I can see some progress, but the redness is really anoying...

ps. sorry for my bad english, i hope you understood what i wanted to say :redface:

ok, I see two things here.

You are using a 4% benzoyl peroxide cream, so that is going to give you more redness/dryness/irritation than a 2.5% product. And also, your moisturizer has a bit of SA in it, so that is a medicated moisturizer and might be contributing to the problem as well.

Is there any way you can get a lesser strength bp?? And a non-medicated moisturizer?

Both those changes would probably help the redness.

yea the sa mixed with bp gives you the redness effect much more.you gotta toss it and get one that isn't medicated liek brandy says.

yea the sa mixed with bp gives you the redness effect much more.you gotta toss it and get one that isn't medicated...as in no SA or crap like that in it.

Ok, i used this dual action moisturizer before i started with BP and there's almost no more left of it so i will have to get a new one anyway. The only BP product that is available for sale in Croatia is this Dercome Clear (that only comes in 4% concentration...) :(

What kind of moisturizer is best for someone with realy sensitive (and oily) skin, like me? Ill get a new one tommorow and hope to reduce te redness... :(

Well, just look for a moisturizer that is oil-free and non-comedogenic (says that it won't clog pores), and non-medicated. You may have to spend some time at the store reading some lable's to find one that is safe. I'm sorry I'm not familiar with brands there in Croatia.