Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lucinda

Accutane for skin thats not oily?

I'm thinking of seeing a derm and asking for roaccutane - this thing is i don't actually have oily skin, so would roaccutane even work?!? :doh:

(i do have severe acne tho)

Please reply.

Lucy xx

I went on roaccutane a couple of years ago when my skin was oily but now its really dry but i still get spots quite bad at times. It would work i think because the its the sebum that makes spots so your body must be producing too much like mine, im also thinking about trying to go on roaccutane again to get rid of them for good.

Yup, it'd work just as well as oily skin. But you'll probally just get dry skin as a side-effect. Go buy some oil-free moisturizer, and put that on when you need it. Probally twice a day. That should be fine.

Guest Kaelynd

I'm on accutane and I had very dry skin pre-accutane.

It will work just the same, just the dry-skin side affect is intesified xabillion for me.

Hey! This subject needs an update. :)

So, I also had dry skin before (Ro)Accutane (and before that I alaways had oily skin, but it was oily just a little bit more than normal...but then something happened and I got dandruff and dry skin?! -- > belive me, it's better to have oily skin than really dry!).

Now, I am on this medication. My skin is the same as before, exactly the same. The dryness didn't get worse, but I got other awful side effects, that I just have to live with. It's not HORRIBLE as hell, you can survive, believe me, especially if you know your skin will be (hopefully) perfect at the end.

So, if you have dry skin, don't hesitate! You also are producing too much sebum, just that it's all going into acne - you have to minimize those oil glands!

You just will have to buy a good moisturizer. I found mine, you will find yours. :)