Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

yeah i have been on roaccutane 2o mg for 11 days now, dreading the ib or curse. but yeah, skin clear, well clearer then usual and looking good, just wandering when i should expect my IB and if it is possible for someone not to have one (HOPEFULLY)

James

I was on around your dosage and i never had a severe breakout, i just brokeout as normal.

What you will find as you get further into the course is that the time between your breakouts will get longer and longer and longer and longer to the point where you cant even remember the last time you had a pimple! Its awesome!

I have read in a few places that only 1 in 5 people get an initial breakout anyway. I dont know if that statistic is true, but it is some comfort. I have been on Accutane for 13 days now and (dare I say it!!) no initial breakout so far. That said I am also taking antibiotics(!)

I have read in a few places that only 1 in 5 people get an initial breakout anyway. I dont know if that statistic is true, but it is some comfort. I have been on Accutane for 13 days now and (dare I say it!!) no initial breakout so far. That said I am also taking antibiotics(!)

Isnt that bad to take antibiotics while on Accutane???

Hi Xiomara - I started another thread about this a few days ago. I was prescribed both antibiotics and accutane (30mg a day - I am approx 110/115lbs although my weight seems to be going up by the day!) by a Hong Kong dermatologist. I think he thought that it may help to reduce any initial breakout on a short term basis. From the responses I received to the other thread, I understand that provided the antibiotic is not a -cycline then it should be OK. Also, one other person mentioned that she had been prescribed both antibiotics and accutane at the same time so I am not a unique case. My personal experience is that it has been very beneficial so far because my face has cleared up dramatically and I have only been taking the antibiotics for 3 weeks and accutane for 2. However, its still very early days so fingers crossed!!!

Yeah I am on Eythromycin antibiotic and accutane... i am going to quit the antibiotic when I am sure the IB is over... its okay to take as long as its not a cycline :D