Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi everyone, I'm new to your forum and so pleased to have found it. I have had acne for all of my adult life but it was stopped in its tracks by raacutane when I was about 25. I am now 41 and over the last year my skin has been increadibly oily and full of deep blackheads leading to spots especially on my chin and doctor has put me on erythromicin. Also my old scarring is looking worse because of the collagen begining to go (boo-hoo). I have been looking into chemical peels lately and wonder if anyone could give me advice as it is quite a scary prospect but if what the manufacturers say is true, it would mean getting rid of all the old layers that are dull and blocked that can't be helped by my usual exfoliation treatments.

Hi everyone, I'm new to your forum and so pleased to have found it. I have had acne for all of my adult life but it was stopped in its tracks by raacutane when I was about 25. I am now 41 and over the last year my skin has been increadibly oily and full of deep blackheads leading to spots especially on my chin and doctor has put me on erythromicin. Also my old scarring is looking worse because of the collagen begining to go (boo-hoo). I have been looking into chemical peels lately and wonder if anyone could give me advice as it is quite a scary prospect but if what the manufacturers say is true, it would mean getting rid of all the old layers that are dull and blocked that can't be helped by my usual exfoliation treatments.

I have not had a chemical peel myself, but from what I have seen of them they seem really good.

Ive often thought of having one myself, to make a clean start if you like with my skin - to clear up all the old damage etc.

If you have one obviously make sure you get all the advice you can first, and get it done with a registered cosmetic practice. Also try and find word of mouth reviews by other patients of the practice to get a feel of how good the procedure is.

Also look at other factors in your life that might be affecting your acne and see if its possible to make changes in that area.

Im sure other people have had chemical peels, and will be able to give you more detailed advice.

All the best

Hamster

any good scrubs to recommend?

I use ordinary antibacterial hand wash on my face and apply it with a (buff puff, they call it in the shops) its like a small white rough pad and i work up a lather on my face and rub round in small circles to get rid of the dead skin it works really well and leaves your skin feeling softer.