Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Simply_Me

smoking overall in general vs. scar healing

ok so i was just wondering what is the effect of smoking something like for example pot (i do not endorse the usage). does the smoke make my skin stop from regenerating and cost perhaps free radical?? anyone?

ok so i was just wondering what is the effect of smoking something like for example pot (i do not endorse the usage). does the smoke make my skin stop from regenerating and cost perhaps free radical?? anyone?

smoking pot or fags doesnt help the skin whatso ever, smoking of any kind ages the skin and dosent help skin regeneration, sorry to dissapoint you but its a fact.

wow, really... thanks, i guess i should/got to cut back on smoking weed, along with totally quitting ciggarettes. thank you.

wow, really... thanks, i guess i should/got to cut back on smoking weed, along with totally quitting ciggarettes. thank you.

If you smoke, the blood vessels shrink and don't allow sufficient oxygen to a wound and you heal poorly...that's why many surgeons make sure their patients have stopped smoking before they do surgery....(depending on the surgery).

If you have acne at all, or are undergoing scar revision, it is really worth it to stop smoking altogether so that your wounds heal properly.

Your IP address is being traced. Expect a knock on your door from the feds any day...

If you smoke, the blood vessels shrink and don't allow sufficient oxygen to a wound and you heal poorly...that's why many surgeons make sure their patients have stopped smoking before they do surgery....(depending on the surgery).

If you have acne at all, or are undergoing scar revision, it is really worth it to stop smoking altogether so that your wounds heal properly.

Do your blood vesselss shrink from the smoke or the nicotine? I am on the patch right now..........

Your IP address is being traced. Expect a knock on your door from the feds any day...

ok......... for what??? i'm innocent, i never did nothing.

ok......... for what??? i'm innocent, i never did nothing.

I'm just kidding buddy. sorry i meant to reply back earlier.

I always wondered why when I had worse acne (from looking at old pictures it covered my whole face) years and years ago it cleared with no scars and since I have suffered from period bouts with it and in the past few years get about 2-4 big pimples a year and wham I have all these scars. The connection that I made was I wan't a smoker when I was first afflicted.

My first acne scar came with my first acne bout (which was about 1 pimple / 2 weeks) after starting to smoke.

Since then my suseptibily to scarring seems to have gotten worse and worse. Even the derm said she thought my scarring was ridiculous for the level of acne I have. Every pimple I get now scars. So even though I only get about 3 / year that's 3 scars a year and over the past 2-3 years they have really added up.

I still smoke though.....the scars and the fact that I just paid $7 for a pack and I still smoke....unbelievable.

I wonder how many people that post here are smokers?

One more thought. I have a frined with acne scars. She and all of her brothers and sisters suffered from acne but she was the only one to get scars and she is the only smoker of the bunch.

Guest tired of this shish

cc123 YOU SMOKE?!! Man, that is seriously going to retard your laser treatments. I wouldn't be surprised if you get no results at all.