Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
soulstar

Question about moisturising over peroxide?

Hello!

I was just reading through the regimen and the idea of moisturising after applying the benzoyl peroxide did surprise me! Doesn't this minus the effect of the peroxide that you would of put onto your by conflict with the ingredients or do they work hand in hand?

Thanks for any help. Just want to clear this up before I possibly begin..

It is my understanding that the BP actually kills bacteria, it's not just there to dry out your skin.

If you dry your skin out totally, that can cause breakouts itself.... Because you are just irritating it more...

The moisturizer is good to keep your skin happy.

I think there can be a temptation to really want to zap your skin to try to kill everything on it... but you want to be nice to it, it took me awhile to figure that out :) The mouisturizer helps with that!

Hello!

I was just reading through the regimen and the idea of moisturising after applying the benzoyl peroxide did surprise me! Doesn't this minus the effect of the peroxide that you would of put onto your by conflict with the ingredients or do they work hand in hand?

Thanks for any help. Just want to clear this up before I possibly begin..

I think thats why your supposed to wait 5-15 mins in between steps to make sure the BP is fully absorbed and so the moisturiser won't mess with it, whislt if you applied them straight after one another they could mix and become less effective :)

yea it just keeps you moisturized which is a necessity when using bp, make sur it has sunblock in it too thats real important also.there isn't much to it other then you need it and it works lol

Just be sure to wait 10 minutes or so between applications and you'll be fine, its much better than just using BP on its own, unless you want to shed skin like a snake :P