Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

After trying BP gel, antibiotics... this and that... and all the other crap, I've made my own regimen which I think is working pretty good so far!

This is what I am doing:

Food

Avoid sugar as much as possible. - Minimize sugar intake as much as possible. Cannot completely take it out, pretty much impossible because almost everything has sugar.

Avoid diary products as much as possible. - Milk, Cheese, butter.. etc.

Avoid oily food as much as possible. - Well everything cooked in my house is oily, I try to eat less of it.

Eat more veggies!

Supplements

GNC Zinc 50mg

GNC Ultra Mega Gold

// Start taking Vilante hopefully by next week to help reduce oil on my skin. Good reviews on this... and since it reduces oil, It's definitely worth a shot!

// Start taking Nature's Cure Acne Treatment System supplements to help my body internally. Worth a try I guess! Not sure when this will arrive, stupid drugstore.com are slow as hell.

Morning Routine - 9:00 am.

While showering...

- Exfoliate with St. Ives® Invigorating Apricot Scrub (going to switch to brush exfoliation as soon as my neosprin arrives)

- Cleanse with Spectro Jel

- Cold Water Rinse after coming out of the shower

[ Wait 2-3 minutes ]

- Use Neutrogena Pore Refining Toner, Alpha and Beta Hydroxy Formula all over my face (helps minimize pores)

[ Wait 2-3 minutes ]

- Use Aloe Vera Gel to moisturize face.

Night Routine - 9:00 pm.

- Cleanse my face with ProActiv Deep Wash Cleanser (SA and Jojoba Oil)

[ Wait 3-5 minutes ]

- Use Neutrogena Pore Refining Toner, Alpha and Beta Hydroxy Formula all over my face (helps minimize pores)

[ Wait 2-3 minutes ]

- Use Emu Oil to moisturize face

Sleeping Routine

Wake up between 9:00 AM to 10:00 AM, no later then that.

Sleep before 2:00AM at MAX no matter what! Usually 1:00AM at max.

Basically get 8 hours of sleep.

I will be changing this to 10:00 PM sleep... and 7:00 AM wake up to get 9 hours of sleep daily.

Excercise

Do 3-5 minutes of excercise daily after waking up. I know its not "nearly" enough but its better then nothing, plus I am skinny person.

I've been doing this for the past 4 days now, and I feel a great difference on my face. Even had a few people comment on my skin... great improvement.

You can call me crazy all you want... I must be crazy to spend all this money but I am desperate for clear skin. My other option was to take accutane, but I do not think its worth the side affects.

I have bee taking the supplements for a few months.

I will be making changes to this regimen as I see fit.

Skin Status: No active acne, 1-2 tiny pimples which are in the healing process. Red marks/scars left only which will take time to heal and fade if acne stays away.

I will post pictures of my acne before and after in a gallery after a month from today to see if any improvment that I feel.

Good night... must go to sleep now.

Woke up this morning around 10 AM... noticed a little white head on above my upper lip thanks to me scratching it yesterday. Everything else is clear, feels really good. Just have to really avoid touching my face at all cost.

Exfoliated using Basis Sensitive skin bar soap with a facial brush in the morning instead of St. Ives® Invigorating Apricot Scrub, followed by Spectro Jel afterwards.

good luck on yer routine dude, however, diet didnt help me n i never noticed any connection between my acne n diet (maybe i quit too fast?), but BP cleared me up a LOT!

good luck on yer routine dude, however, diet didnt help me n i never noticed any connection between my acne n diet (maybe i quit too fast?), but BP cleared me up a LOT!

Thanks! Well it doesn't hurt to avoid a little unhealthy stuff ;)

Well... after using neosprin, one of the bumps on my nose turned into a huge ZIT. It hurts :(

The rest of the face is pretty much clear, I felt a pimple coming out on my cheek but it didn't. I am hoping the one on the nose will clear up soon.

Starting vilantae, mandelic acid, super cp, retin-a regimen hopefully by next week.

hope retin-a will clear u, man =) it helped one of my friends, he had severe acne, its extremely mild now. however, it didnt help me, only made it worse... i was 2 months in it. why not try CSR?

I have already tried CSR, it didnt help. The only reason I will be using Retin-A is for bumps on my nose which need to go and Retin-A is best for the job.

Today I have started taking Vilantae B5 supplements to help reduce the oil, it says some people experience beakout within the first 1-2 week and see improvment after the first month, so lets see how that turns out.

For the next 5 days, I will be taking 10 a day until Wednesday, afterwards it will become 20 a day for up to 3 months then some smaller dosage.

The big zit on my nose has kinda poped, I am using neosprin on it to make it heal faster. Everything else is still clear :)

Will start Retin-A on monday once my big zit heals completely, its not big anymore, its flat but in the healing process.

Today is the 3rd day for Vilantae. No reduction in oil production, still the same.

But its only been 2 days, so I am guessing its going to take much longer.

The zit on my nose is completely flat, its a red mark now... but it feels as if a new one is emerging right in the middle of my nose. Not good!

I will be starting Retin-A this evening, hoping good results from that.

Used Retin-A for the first time today, and applied loads of emu oil afterwards to keep the skin moist.

The new emerging pimple on my nose has less feeling to it since the morning, not sure why.

At this moment face does not have a single active pimple, only previous scars and red marks.

4th day for Vilantae tomorrow.

I am reading more and more about acne each day... different theories, learning more about the skin.

Aspirin

Even those of us who are well past adolescence can get the occasional pimple. Put the kibosh on those annoying blemishes by crushing one aspirin and moistening it with a bit of water. Apply the paste to the pimple, and let it sit for a couple of minutes before washing off with soap and water. It will reduce the redness and soothe the sting. If the pimple persists, repeat the procedure as needed until it's gone.

Olive Oil

Okay, the notion of applying oil to your face to treat acne does sound a bit wacky. Still, many folks swear this works: Make a paste by mixing 4 tablespoons salt with 3 tablespoons olive oil. Pour the mixture onto your hands and fingers and work it around your face. Leave it on for a minute or two, then rinse it off with warm, soapy water. Apply daily for one week, then cut back to two or three times weekly. You should see a noticeable improvement in your condition. (The principle is that the salt cleanses the pores by exfoliation, while the olive oil restores the skin's natural moisture.)

Toothpaste

Your teenager is bemoaning a prominent pimple, and the day before the dance too! Tonight, have her or him dab a bit of non-gel, nonwhitening toothpaste on the offending spot, and it should be dried up by morning. The toothpaste dehydrates the pimple and absorbs the oil. This remedy works best on pimples that have come to a head. Caution: This remedy may be irritating to sensitive skin.

Skin feels good today!

No active acne, no where. My skin was burning a little in the morning, but after exfoliating and applying emu oil, it feels much better.

Good stuff :)

Found some good links, check them out.

http://www.health911.com/remedies/rem_acne.htm

http://www.fatfreekitchen.com/beauty/acne-home-remedy.html

11:23PM 9 May 2006 update:

Skin kinda burns a little but emu oil has helped with that. I feel a pimple forming inside of my nostril, actually inside near the edge and it kinda hurts.

4th day of Vilantae.

2nd day for Retin-A.

5th and last day for vilantae's 10 a day capsules.

Tomorrow I will be taking 20 a day.

Night routine has changed a bit

[ Wait 5 minutes ]

- Apply Retin-A 0.1% on nose and cheeks.

It's incredible that the bumps on my nose have gone down a little, or at least I can't feel them as much as I did before, my skin is LESS oily. I haven't had a intial vilantae breakout within the first week, it's only been 7 days though.

4 days on Retin-A, 1st day on Mandelic Acid. Skin burns like crazy... but it feels amazingly smooth. No active acne, although I feel a little coming between my eye brows.. which is weird cuz I never had acne there, but I guess it could be because of the initial breakout I am suppose to experience.

[ Wait 5 minutes ]

- Apply Retin-A 0.1% on nose and cheeks.

Alternate Night Routine - 9:00PM

[ Wait 5 minutes ]

- Apply 15% Mandelic Acid Serum on cheeks and nose

[ Wait 5 minutes ]

- Apply Emu Oil all over the face

1st time started taking Nature's cure acne treatment supplements... twice daily.

Doing 20 vilantae capsules daily.

2 nature's cure

1 multi vitamin

1 zinc

Crazy huh?

Wow I can't believe it... my skin has worsen a little... I broke out!!! But that was expected from Vilantae and Retin-A, its suppose to make you break out on the first 2 week... nothing major though.

My skin is dry... my lips are extremely dry, sometimes they bleed a little because I don't use anything on them. I guess thats from the affects of Vilantae.

Retin-A is making my skin smooth, my nose feels much smoother. Thank god nothing new on my nose.

My face isn't producing as much oil as it did before, 50% less oil. I got about 5 or something new pimples around my cheek area, but like I said that was expected...

Hopefully in the next few days it will start to get better. I am not using Mandelic Acid for a little while until my skin stops breaking out from Vilantae.

It has been 13 days of me using Retin-A. Skin stings a little, its not so bad though, like they say, if you quit to soon then you did it for no reason at all. So I am not planning on quitting at all.

I will start mandelic acid again once my pimples have cleared up and my skin has gotten a little more used to Retin-A.

More break out. Nothing good to report :(

I guess for the next week I will be breaking out until it starts to get better hopefully. Lips are so extremely dry.