Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Healtysceptic

Needling Question: Depth but no popping sound

Hi. I tried needling for the first time tonight. I stretched the scar, and needled away. But I heard no popping sound, the breaking of scar tissue. Am I doing anything wrong?

I felt like I was getting it fairly deep, and blood did run down my face. Any suggestions? Thanks.

James

I'm wondering the same thing... I did a needling session a month ago using lancets and I never heard a popping sound. I needled each scar between 4 to 10 times, depending on the size. The needle depth was nearly quarter of an inch. I had bleeding in every spot that I needled.

Are there only certain types of scars that make the "popping" sound I've heard about? I must not have those type of scars..

Sean..

None of you have actually said whether you felt that it worked tho? Did it? What results have you gotten from it?

I only needled last night, so of course results, if any, will not be visible for awhile.

I have had restylane injected( self-injected) in these scars, about 3 months back ( little result). At that time if I remember I think I heard a popping sound ( scar tissue breaking up). Perhaps I already have broken up the scar tissue? So future needling will not make a popping sound?And the scars are pretty small to begin with. James

My scars look a little better, but I'm also healing from 4 fraxel sessions, so I would assume most of it is from Fraxel. I plan on doing about 5 needling sessions on my deep scars to lift those up to levels less noticeable.. If you are looking for needling results, you should read one of the longer needling posts..

Sean..

My scars look a little better, but I'm also healing from 4 fraxel sessions, so I would assume most of it is from Fraxel. I plan on doing about 5 needling sessions on my deep scars to lift those up to levels less noticeable.. If you are looking for needling results, you should read one of the longer needling posts..

Sean..

But did you hear the popping sound when you needled? Or only the first time? James

Anyone got anything to add about the lack of popping sound?

Where I needled it did bleed profusely. But no scab formed. I read somewhere that a scab should form if done correctly. Any advice?

James

I needled for the first time tonight. I definately got some popping/crunching type sounds in a few scars. In other smaller type scars, not so much of anything. Im excited to see how my result turn out :)

Anyone got anything to add about the lack of popping sound?

Where I needled it did bleed profusely. But no scab formed. I read somewhere that a scab should form if done correctly. Any advice?

James

James,

I think a scab only forms if you skin continues to ooze blood or if you really jack on it like with a tattoo gun.

I never form a scab, but I dab the needled spots with a alcohol dipped cotton ball until they quit bleeding.. The needled spots are just red for 4 or 5 days, usually not noticeable after day 5..

I did a 2nd needling session this past weekend, and this time I DID hear popping. Well, not sure if I so much heard it or if I felt it. It was kind of like a crackling sound/feeling.. It's strange that I didn't hear this the first time I needled..

Sean..

Guest tired of this shish

I'm so confused about needling...what the heck are you supposed to do after poking the spot? Just poke it vertically and that is it? Can't be. Aren't you supposed to move the needle around in a horizontal manner or what?