Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Good, now that i got your attention with my title (I obviously dont think that.) Ever wonder why anyone would ever connect acne and nerds? Dont you fucking hate that? Well dont let that connection be made! You might be going "wtf" but let me explain

When anybody gets a zit it seems like its the end of the world for us and everybody scrutinizes it. Which is not true. Anyways if it gets worse we become more self-concious of our condition, shying away from many social situations and opposite sex, ect. As we get rapped up in this world of staring in the mirror, staying in dark lighting, and staying in our room, people take notice. "Why dont I see John anymore?" "Oh hes in his room hiding from the world and staring at his zits," Its shouldnt become a suprise if you get called a loser for doing something like that. The key to breaking the cycle? Go out, stop staring in the mirror, and since you think of yourself as no real looker (which isnt true) rely on your personality and change the veiwpoint of what people think about you. While your staring at your face no one really cares about how you look, no one is scrutinizing every detail. You know why? Because they're too busy worying about themselves! So stop worrying about face and get out there and have fun. Just do whatever regimen works (dont be impatient though), and stop worring. Theres more to life then zits.

Guest Realist

Good, now that i got your attention with my title

Very clever. :thumbsup:

Who associates acne with being a loser? I do associate it with youth, though, and I will on occasion use the phrase "pimple-faced punk kid," though I'm generally referring to someone that doesn't even have pimples on his face.

not taht bad of a post really!

i jus gues u sorta got it right there in a way

I asscoiate it with scary people, since this one person i Knew had it heavy but was a real gangster with gold chains and everything.

I keep hearing people saying go out and do this do that... well it is not so easy b/c the person may have other

physical problems (wtever they may be), other social problems (maybe too geeky or wtever) and economic

problems (can't afford too many items), the fact is that people with just acne may actually be able to do this but

people with so many problems see as getting rid out acne first before they are even comfortable enough to go

out ther

Well hell I even struggle with this philosophy, but I see no point in hiding in your room so dont. I write these posts to give others insperation as well as myself.

Good, now that i got your attention with my title (I obviously dont think that.) Ever wonder why anyone would ever connect acne and nerds? Dont you fucking hate that? Well dont let that connection be made! You might be going "wtf" but let me explain

When anybody gets a zit it seems like its the end of the world for us and everybody scrutinizes it. Which is not true. Anyways if it gets worse we become more self-concious of our condition, shying away from many social situations and opposite sex, ect. As we get rapped up in this world of staring in the mirror, staying in dark lighting, and staying in our room, people take notice. "Why dont I see John anymore?" "Oh hes in his room hiding from the world and staring at his zits," Its shouldnt become a suprise if you get called a loser for doing something like that. The key to breaking the cycle? Go out, stop staring in the mirror, and since you think of yourself as no real looker (which isnt true) rely on your personality and change the veiwpoint of what people think about you. While your staring at your face no one really cares about how you look, no one is scrutinizing every detail. You know why? Because they're too busy worying about themselves! So stop worrying about face and get out there and have fun. Just do whatever regimen works (dont be impatient though), and stop worring. Theres more to life then zits.

I got what you were trying to say..

And I have always wondered the same-why is it that nerds are always stereotyped as:glasses, braces, and acne? It bothers me..

nerds are people who excessively study, if you excessively study or study for fun, then your a nerd, nothing wrong with it, but thats just what you are, if you have sex all day your a sexaholic, nothing wrong with it, but thats just what you are

E S A D!

I hate the whole stereotype of nerd. If you're a nerd you must have braces, glasses, suspenders, and too small clothes. Also, you must shy away from social situations. Plus, you're really smart. I don't buy that. I'm pretty smart but I wear nice clothes, don't have glasses, and all that other bull. Anyway, glasses and braces are so common now-a-days. It's horrible, along with all stereotypes of school.

I find that whole "go out and have people love you for your personality," bit so hard to do sometimes, because to me I'd rather people think I'm a recluse than to think "wow he's really nice but did you see that huge nasty pimple on his face? That was sick ewww!" Right now I love the regimen though because it's keeping me clear and I'm looking people in the eye at school. Even girls. Yes...girls.

Well if being a nerd is wrong i dont give a fuck about what is right. Lets see, I have braces, and severe acne, I play computer games. Yup im a fucking nerd, but u know something? Everyone is an ASSHOLE.