Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chrisaus

This board cleared me

About a month ago I had cystic acne evenly spread out all over my face back and neck. My girlfriend counted about 50 zits on my back alone and i'd had to learn to live with a permanent reddish blotchy color on my face. These are the things I changed and had 100% success with. My whole body is now clear and my face has returned to the color it was when i was ten years old.

1. No dairy

2. No refined sugars (breads etc)

3. Eating chicken in a much higher ratio than red meats.

I realise that regulary eating chickens may not be the healthiest thing but hey it works and that's all i care about. Other foods I eat are baked beans, devon, fish vegies and eggs. This also allows me to safely sink away 2 beers a day (any more and it catches up with me).

This won't work for all of you but who knows give it a shot i'm mainly just posting this to thank you guys for steering me away from the dairy, sugars and hydrogenated oils. After many years of alienation I am now free.

I have cotributed alot into what you have posted as well. Good job on your success!

with my diet Ive got my acne under control too, but I think I wont get clear untill I do a proper body cleanse

Do you eat grain-free now or just less refined whole grains?

I was eating all low GI grains for a while, but I found that I break out from those as well (quinoa/steel-cut oats). Now I just try to eat as few grains as possible and that works out well. I even tried to eat grain free, but I had to accept that I need some starch in my diet.

It sounds like you have many of the same triggers as me -red meat, sugars, and milk.

That's awesome. Reducing dairy, sugars and red meats along with a natural skin regiment has helped clear up my skin as well. Congrats for sticking to it!

yay!! - this is a GREAT, happy thread. let's keep it that way!! :)

i bet there are several of us who can attribute one after another the success we've found after making diet changes (that are anything BUT simple).

personally, it took me a very lonnnnng time to figure out my triggers, and i'm STILL learning things. i too had cystic acne on my face, back, neck and sometimes chest and have the same triggers (dairy, refined sugars, red meat).

in terms of grains i also have trouble with wheat and oats.. and moderate trouble with ground corn (as in tortilla chips/wraps), but seem able to handle both quinoa and rice okay (usually either white or brown basmati).

i am now on average 95% clear through my (1) diet and various changes i've made with regard to (2) increasing regular aerobic exercise, (3) increasing sleep each night, (4) water intake and (5) taking probiotics daily. for me, these are the five key ingredients that contributed to my success.

ALL discovered primarily through this board...

so, a big thank you to sweetjade, maya and minniemouse (wherever you are) - these women are/were the absolute kindest, most patient, dedicated posters i can remember.