Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DC_Blonde

Accutane--Size matters?

I was on minocycline for a year with pretty good clearing, but it bruised my fair skin something crazy. After 3 months on doxycycline, my acne is back and worse than ever. So I'm headed for my first bout of Accutane on Thursday. My question--I can't find any pictures of the actual pills. I have trouble swallowing large pills. (I could handle the little mino pellets, but the doryx has taken some fortitude...) I'm supposed to be prescribed 60 mgs of Accutane (per day, I think?) Can anyone give me an idea of a pill size for that? Are there any pics on the Web that could compare it to something visual? (Like, are we talking lima bean or horse pill?) Strange question, I know, but I'm much better taking drugs if I don't have to choke them down! Thanks--jen

You don't have trouble swallowing pills, its all in your head. You swallow larger chunks of food everytime you eat.

btw - they are average pill size. Nearly the same as 100mg Mino pills. Football in shape, gelcoated. Not at all hard to swallow.

yea i agree that it is all in your head. i used to never be able to swallow pills at all, but once i got used to it i can swallow every pill that i take. also the way you swallow the pills can make a difference too. personally i put the water in my mouth first, then i throw the pill in and swallow

gl tho, u should be fine

They are on the smaller side. Roche Accutane was about half the size of an Advil liquigel, and Claravis is about as long but skinnier than a Tylenol caplet. They are relatively easy to swallow.