Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chris338877

vitamin C! sounds good

http://www.dermae.net/fcimages/article_pdfs/vitaminc.pdf

and from another source...

Pigmentation:

Vitamin C effects pigmentation in two ways: The creation of melanin is an oxidative process and so a powerful antioxidant like vitamin C could counteract the oxidative process required to create melanin. Ascorbic acid also has a role to play as an inhibitor tyrosinase. Tyrosinase is essential for the formation of melanin, so if it is inhibited then the action of pigmentation is reduced.

The use of vitamin C in scarring:

The use of vitamin C for scarring of the skin is a recent discovery. In this case the vitamin C has to be delivered in high dosage to the skin and as a result of that more collagen will be formed and normal collagen that is often found tethering scars will be replaced with normal collagen and the scars will fill up to a degree and become less noticeable. This process seems to be best effected with the use of iontophoresis.

I read that actually.

I bought a bottle of vitamin C tablets. Each one was 500 mg of vit C that was suppose to bne tkane 3 times a day. I can definately say, my red marks haven ever looked better.

As well, just drink 2 glasses of OJ (one in morning and once at night). You woul be getting double your daily reccomended dose (which is fine in the case of vit c)

I read that actually.

I bought a bottle of vitamin C tablets. Each one was 500 mg of vit C that was suppose to bne tkane 3 times a day. I can definately say, my red marks haven ever looked better.

As well, just drink 2 glasses of OJ (one in morning and once at night). You woul be getting double your daily reccomended dose (which is fine in the case of vit c)

i'm going to megadose it and take 9-10grams a day. i'll be letting everyone know how it goes.

Just so you guys know, even if you megadose on vitamin C, since your body tightly regulates how much it allows into the skin you still would not have as much vitamin C in your skin as if you had been using a serum everyday. Using the serum on your face provides 20 times more vitamin C into your skin than megadosing orally does. L-ascorbic acid is the only kind of vitamin C that you can use topically that actually penetrates the skin. Since I have been using CE Ferulic by skinceuticals I can honestly say my marks have cleared up quickly!

I usually just get my marks vbeamed but we have been too busy at work lately for me to get it done. So if you want to see a real difference by using vitamin C, you should use it topically rather than orally.

http://www.skinceuticals.com/productItem.a...=2&productID=20

http://skinceuticals.com/admin/files/antioxidant_science.pdf

Just so you guys know, even if you megadose on vitamin C, since your body tightly regulates how much it allows into the skin you still would not have as much vitamin C in your skin as if you had been using a serum everyday. Using the serum on your face provides 20 times more vitamin C into your skin than megadosing orally does. L-ascorbic acid is the only kind of vitamin C that you can use topically that actually penetrates the skin. Since I have been using CE Ferulic by skinceuticals I can honestly say my marks have cleared up quickly!

I usually just get my marks vbeamed but we have been too busy at work lately for me to get it done. So if you want to see a real difference by using vitamin C, you should use it topically rather than orally.

interesting. where can you get this? do you know if its ok to use while on accutane? did you break out at all?

Yeah, you can pretty much get it online anywhere or in a doctor's office. Just do a search for it. I actually think it would help during accutane, and no it doesn't cause a break out at all. It costs $122 for a bottle that lasts about 6 months. Course, I get it half price since I work in a doctor's office. :P It does make a huge difference though.

wait a second thats pigmentation, red marks left by acne is called pigmentation but i dont think its the same pigmentation they are talking about, isnt melanin what is produced when the suns rays hit the skin? thats why darker people are darker! because they produce more melanin and melanin is an insoluble protein and dark in colour, and whiter people produce less melanin, so if your taking vitamin c which is an antioxidant... shouldnt that stop melanin being produced? or reduce it, when we want melanin to heal over the redmarks?

Unless you're naturally pale and incapable of tanning, it's probably not the best idea to intentionally inhibit your melanin production. The body produces it for a reason.

It actually is the best idea to use vitamin C topically because it gives you 8x the photoprotection and makes it very hard for your skin to burn so instead of your skin producing melanin to protect itself, the vitamin C and sunscreen are doing the work for you, and at the same time protecting against/reversing red and brown spots, wrinkles, and cancer.

You actually don't want melanin to "heal over your redmarks". I think you are confused. In the areas where you have more pigment there is more melanin. So if you inhibit that melanin production then you lighten the red and brown marks to match the rest of the face. Meanwhile, everyone SHOULD be wearing sunscreen so that you aren't trying to intentially produce melanin because that would cause the red/brown marks to darken. But if you happen to forget your sunscreen and go out in the sun, then you can stay out 8x as long as normal without burning because of the saturation of CE ferulic in the skin.

I wish I could show you guys the before and after pictures of people who used it and had their red and brown marks lighten or disapear.

I wonder if you could dissolve a couple of natural vitamin C caps into water and apply it to your face as a means to get ascorbic acid topically. I'm sure it wouldn't be as strong as a serum, but it might help :think:

As for Vitamin C in general, I take about 4g a day. throughout the day. I can't say if it has helped my red marks any though.

ive been takign 2000mg of vitamin C for about a year. it did nothing for red marks, but its great for my immune system and I haven't been sick since. I dont think it does anything for your marks.

ive been takign 2000mg of vitamin C for about a year. it did nothing for red marks, but its great for my immune system and I haven't been sick since. I dont think it does anything for your marks.

it doesnt matter if you overdose on vitamine C, then body will get rid of excess vitamin C, so even if u take 1kg of it, well you would mess up your liver but there will be not much of a differencei n the redmarks, thats why you have to apply it to your skin

I read that actually.

i'm going to megadose it and take 9-10grams a day. i'll be letting everyone know how it goes.

lol :D

Mega dosing shouldnt be one over a long period of time.

Just take 3 grams a day that should be fine. There is only so much you can ttake.

Just take 3 grams a day that should be fine. There is only so much you can ttake.

dude 500mg is 833% DV needed,

3000/500 = 6

6 x 833% = something like 5000% DV

You guys, you will hav twenty times less vitamin C in your skin by taking ten grams daily then you would if you used 3 drops of the serum daily. This is a scientifically proven fact.

Sometimes I just don't understand your logic..

If you want it to do anything for your red marks then you need to use it topically, not orally.

3000/500 = 6

My Vit C bottle says to take 3 of the plls a day, (each have 500 mg)

Thats 1.5 grams. The other 1.5 grams comes form food you eat during teh day.

3000/500 = 6

My Vit C bottle says to take 3 of the plls a day, (each have 500 mg)

Thats 1.5 grams. The other 1.5 grams comes form food you eat during teh day.

k i dotn know then, im pretty sure u dont need 1.5 g in Vitamin C supplement a day

I've been taking vitamin C for 3 weeks now and its definitely helping. I've been taking dosages of around 3000mg a day sometimes slightly more. I've also been using 30% strength glycolic acid. The combination seems to be working well.

By taking in tablet form as opposed to topical lotion there is also less chance of it irritating the skin.

People are always saying to do this or not do that but no one actually knows for sure what will improve red marks. My advice is go with something and stick with it!

First of all, taking Vitamin C orally is not going to be very effective in that respect. And even the serum isn't going to cure you. One specific thing is not going to offer anything magnificent. It takes a variety of treatments and several months (or years without rigorous attention) to really improve your skin.

I'm a big advocate of vitamins though. Although they probably won't cure you, you'll definitely feel better.

i actually believe vitamin c serum is the best way to go. take a look at all the product reviews on makeupalley.com and skincarerx.com theyre kind of convincing