Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
QualityAssurance

So I popped a zit near my cheek

I have pretty resiliant skin, 99.5% of acne doesnt scar me and this should be no different but its in a spot where I could see it causing problems. Basically If I get a zit on my jawline, forehead, chin etc,. and I pop it, it'll heal up in like 2 days and ill barley be able to see it after that.. but zits on my cheek are VERY rare and take longer to heal. BTW I popped it because it took like 2 months to come to a head and it didnt look like it was going away anytime soon unless I intervened

I used two q-tips to pop it, drained the sucker then put Polysporin and Tea Tree Oil on it. it made a tiny scab and of course is bruised a little where I pushed. is there anything else I should do to move the healing process along quicker? and how long before I can take the scab off? It'll probably fall off whens its ready right? thanks

Aloe vera gel

I really havent seen crazy good results with it aside from it makes my skin feel silky smooth. Should I really combined TTO, Poly and Aloe or is that overkill

I'd say that's overkill. With TTO and the sporin on it, it should heal up quickly. Just make sure not to pick the scab off until you see the edges getting white and starting to peel away a bit on their own. It's usually safe after that.

if you put alittle drop of bp on the scab it dries there area out and you can peal it right of basically the next day revealing new skin.i love pickin scabs..as long as they'er ready though lol

Just the sporin...TTO is (imho) only good for active buggers, it is too drying for post-poppage booboos. To fade the redmark once the skin is smooth again, i recommend SA (like Vichy Normaderm Active Concentrate, goooood stuff!)

Just the sporin...TTO is (imho) only good for active buggers, it is too drying for post-poppage booboos. To fade the redmark once the skin is smooth again, i recommend SA (like Vichy Normaderm Active Concentrate, goooood stuff!)

Well the vichy normaderm is the stuff that ruined my face in the first place so im going to steer clear of it. What does SA do against red marks? I thought poly/aloe are the best? And I also have been using TTO on the post poppage because I dont want infection to spread and it doesnt dry my skin out

my skin is like that. a spot on my forehead or chin will not scar at all but my cheeks do

my skin is like that. a spot on my forehead or chin will not scar at all but my cheeks do

Ditto. At first my cheeks didn't scar either for a long time. I thought I was invincible and didn't listen to anyone. Now I know better.

Ditto. At first my cheeks didn't scar either for a long time. I thought I was invincible and didn't listen to anyone. Now I know better.

I basically have 0 scars from the hundreds of pimples ive had popped or not popped.. I don't really get the type of zits that scar I guess or maybe its my skin type. I can tell this one isnt going to cause any problems either but i want to get the redness down fast. its already much better

sa wont do a damn thing for red marks...sa has nothing to do with healing tissue.that crap if useless in my opinion b/c there is no regimen or peopel to tell you how to properly use it (in clogged pores cases) if use are doing there regimen a moisturizer with AHA in it will help fade those red marks.i just let mine heal by themself.the regimen cleared me up so i dont have to worry about pimples or anything anywase so thats your best bet ;).you'll forget about the marks after a week if you dont sit and stare at yourself in the mirror or somethin lol

sa wont do a damn thing for red marks...sa has nothing to do with healing tissue.that crap if useless in my opinion b/c there is no regimen or peopel to tell you how to properly use it (in clogged pores cases) if use are doing there regimen a moisturizer with AHA in it will help fade those red marks.i just let mine heal by themself.the regimen cleared me up so i dont have to worry about pimples or anything anywase so thats your best bet ;).you'll forget about the marks after a week if you dont sit and stare at yourself in the mirror or somethin lol

The tiny scab came off today, it looks fine especially with the tan im getting in the sun. Now I just need to close up my giant pores.. and im still getting the 1 zit that moves around my face on a daily basis. I have mild acne but its very persistant

hey i had pretty clogged pores up until these last couple days seriously.i never used moisturizers (only when i was on the regimen) and i read if your face isn't moisturized daily you pores get bigger and more oil is produced which clogs them b/c your face can do its thing with dry skin and too much oil being produced.which i have learned in just a couple days is true lol i see in your regimen that you wash every other day which i can't say is good.everywhere it says twice a day is necessary for a cleansed face.if you look at dan hes clear right? he had acne his whole life so if you do what he does you will obviously get clearer skin.cleanse DAILY, PAT dry, MOISTURIZE in the morining.and i know forsure the moisturizing part helps for pores, it really softens up blackheads and clogged ones so you can pop gently if necesssary ;)

hey i had pretty clogged pores up until these last couple days seriously.i never used moisturizers (only when i was on the regimen) and i read if your face isn't moisturized daily you pores get bigger and more oil is produced which clogs them b/c your face can do its thing with dry skin and too much oil being produced.which i have learned in just a couple days is true lol i see in your regimen that you wash every other day which i can't say is good.everywhere it says twice a day is necessary for a cleansed face.if you look at dan hes clear right? he had acne his whole life so if you do what he does you will obviously get clearer skin.cleanse DAILY, PAT dry, MOISTURIZE in the morining.and i know forsure the moisturizing part helps for pores, it really softens up blackheads and clogged ones so you can pop gently if necesssary ;)

Im washing daily now but only with warm water. The reason I have to be careful is I was getting rashes from products I was using including spectrogel and dove sensitive.. basically anything I seemingly use gives me a nasty rash now. I really only have a couple zits and my skin is slowly getting better. Im scared to use moisturizer because it makes me greasy as hell and I think breaks me out