Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
averagejo

exoderm and mild scars

I have been looking into exoderm for about a year now. Actually, I planned to have Dr. Rullan perform it on me last summer but my work schedule would not allow me the time off. However, I did fly to Chule Vista to meet Dr. Rullan in person and consult with him. At that time he advised me to try a photofacial and some silikon/silicone filler before jumping to exoderm. My scaring is very mild and is largely limited to textual "roughness" on my cheeks (caused by ingrown hair follicles) and some pigmentation problems - light reds and browns -from sun exposure. I few small ice picks on my temple. And -I'm close to 40- so I have some mild wrinkles on my forehead and under my eyes. In pictures, my problems are not evident - in person it is visible on closer inspection.

Basically, the photo facial helped treat the colors but I would have to have more of them and no one in my area does them. As for the silikon - it did fill in a few of the lighter marks on my temple pretty well but obviously dosen't help the marks on my cheeks.

I was planning to have exoderm in June as I now can manage to get the time off. I've read many people's positive experiences with exoderm and also many complaints that it did not help. So my question is to all those who have ACTUALLY HAD EXODERM - do you feel the procedure would be valuable to a person with very mild scaring and pigmentation issues? Please keep in mind that I do not have deep ice pick scars and I do want an anti aging/ skin tightening effect.

avera, I'm no expert but if you have such mild scarring, why go the exoderm ruite? Isn't it kind of extreme?

People have been talking about it lately here

I suggest you read that and also search for other threads about it here.

I have been looking into exoderm for about a year now. Actually, I planned to have Dr. Rullan perform it on me last summer but my work schedule would not allow me the time off. However, I did fly to Chule Vista to meet Dr. Rullan in person and consult with him. At that time he advised me to try a photofacial and some silikon/silicone filler before jumping to exoderm. My scaring is very mild and is largely limited to textual "roughness" on my cheeks (caused by ingrown hair follicles) and some pigmentation problems - light reds and browns -from sun exposure. I few small ice picks on my temple. And -I'm close to 40- so I have some mild wrinkles on my forehead and under my eyes. In pictures, my problems are not evident - in person it is visible on closer inspection.

Basically, the photo facial helped treat the colors but I would have to have more of them and no one in my area does them. As for the silikon - it did fill in a few of the lighter marks on my temple pretty well but obviously dosen't help the marks on my cheeks.

I was planning to have exoderm in June as I now can manage to get the time off. I've read many people's positive experiences with exoderm and also many complaints that it did not help. So my question is to all those who have ACTUALLY HAD EXODERM - do you feel the procedure would be valuable to a person with very mild scaring and pigmentation issues? Please keep in mind that I do not have deep ice pick scars and I do want an anti aging/ skin tightening effect.

It is a very difficult procedure to go through and did not do anything for a very fine line and I am 31. I have some scarred pores and some very shallow rolling scars that are not very visible in certain lighting and angles. I was surprised after going through all the pain, hassle, humiliating red burn victim face, and expense that even these shallow scars did not improve. I also think it is more risky than they advertise it to be. I was depressed today looking at more obvious scars in my livingroom, where my skin used to look smooth with powder. They are shallow wide scars with raised edges around them and my scarred pores look worse. I also have a white spot in an area that should have been protected by the peel. I will never get tiredof reporting my dissapointment with Dr. Rullan and this treatment. I paid $5000 plus travel expenses. They will also try to encourage you to hire one of the ridiculously expensive caretakers for $300 a day.

I have heard on many occasions nothing but very negative reports on the outcome of exoderm procedures performed by Dr. Rullan. Many have reported a worsening of their scars, or no improvement whatsoever.

I would not go near this procedure, especially for such minimal scarring. Good luck.

James

I'm with Healthy Sceptic. With all the bad results and downtime from this procedure, why would you even consider it?