Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Today I was hanging out with a couple friends, and we were bored out of our mind sitting in the living room, and one of them said that I had a pimple on my forehead, and he actually pointed it out. :evil:

Are people like this STUPID? I would like to punch whoever says something such as stupid because I was completely aware of it being there.

Couldnt something like this be left unsaid or do they just need to entertain themselves for whatever reason??

It's never happened to me, even in high-school and my acne was at it's worst. Guess I can be considered lucky. I feel for those who have had someone say something like that though. :(

At age 13 when I first started getting acne, people pointed out my single pimples all the time. Even my dad would. I have no idea what goes through people's minds when they do this. Sometimes it is mean spirited, but other times not. I would never point to someone's face and say your eyes are close together or you have some forehead wrinkles or your lips are very thin.

My dad pointed out a break out once and I started crying. He looked totally perplexed and said he had no idea how 'sensitive' I was. But once he got an ingrown hair and it looked like a tiny pimple and he made this big deal about how bad it looked. When it was on his face, he sure didn't like it.

Just buy a t-shirt that says: "Don't mention my pimples, I am mentally unstable!!" with some weapons in the background.

Just buy a t-shirt that says: "Don't mention my pimples, I am mentally unstable!!" with some weapons in the background.

haha i like it

People are such jerks my uncle said to me "I thought you could on get chicken pox once" and started laughing fucking asshole!

lol that would be a really funny shirt.

you are overreacting, i joke about my zits now, people don't give a shit about zits.

you are overreacting, i joke about my zits now, people don't give a shit about zits.

I second that. But then, it has never happened to me.

some little girl i babysat once said i had dots on my forehead. grrr....i know she was little, but STILL. this was in high school when it was the worst.

If it was a single pimple then... Dude you are overreacting..

But if it was an addition to the thousands of pimples you have then yes... They are cunts indeed...

Today I was hanging out with a couple friends, and we were bored out of our mind sitting in the living room, and one of them said that I had a pimple on my forehead, and he actually pointed it out. :evil:

Are people like this STUPID? I would like to punch whoever says something such as stupid because I was completely aware of it being there.

Couldnt something like this be left unsaid or do they just need to entertain themselves for whatever reason??

My daughter (10) pointed out that her brothers' friend (13) had (stuff on his face). I explained it to her and then she understood not to pick on people (with acne). As far as teenagers and adults saying that about acne, i think it is very insensitive and cruel. I have had the same thing happen to me when i was younger, it really bothered me back then, but as i've grown up, i have learned to just laugh at those peoples' ignorance. Tell them, that you are aware of it and you don't need to be reminded of it, thanks! They don't understand the way it affects us.