Notifications
Clear all

jojoba oil keeping me 100% clear

MemberMember
(@romey)

Posted : 04/30/2006 6:12 pm

I used jess-foliation (oral-b toothbrush and Purpose Gentle Cleanser - no neosporin) for 5 or 6 months (mostly every day) and cleared up. I decided to try jojoba oil. I have done it for over a week without any jess-foliation and have stayed totally clear. My skin has never looked or felt better. I am 100% clear. I plan to still do the oral-b toothbrush thing once a week, but I havenAaat gotten around to it this week. I did not experience an initial purging breakout with the jojoba oil and that may be because my skin was already purged and cleared with the jess-foliation and the jojoba just maintains that clearness. I know it is the jojoba oil maintaining the clearness because, before I started with the jojoba oil, if I would not jess-foliate for a day or two, I would start to break out. I have not broken out since starting the jojoba oil. This is HOW I use the jojoba oil: (I do this in the morning and at night every day)

1. I wash my face with Purpose Gentle Cleanser and dry my face.

2. Immediately, I put 5 drops of pure jojoba oil (I use the Aura Cacia brand) on my palm and rub it between my palms and then smooth it over my entire face.

3. I put my hands on my forehead at the top of my face and gently smooth my hands down to my chin. I also put my hands on my nose and smooth my hands out toward my ears (across my cheeks). I do this over and over for a minute or two. I never rub upwards because I donAaat want to jam gunk back up into my pores.

4. I then leave the oil on my face for an hour (or atleast 30 minutes, but usually an hour).

5. Then I add warm water to my face and smooth my hands over my face again for about 30 seconds. Then I wash it off with very warm (not too hot) water and Purpose cleanser and dry my face.

This has worked better than anything I have ever tried and I would like to hear if it works for anyone else as well.

I must note that I tried jojoba oil a long time ago but I didnAaat use it the way I listed the steps above and all it did a long time ago was break me out.

MemberMember
(@dannie)

Posted : 05/01/2006 9:34 am

wow awsome

i have been on jojoba for 3 weeks,...i had a big breakout...then it started to clear then i broek out a lil again..now its healing..i hope this is it

does it help with rednessand scars????? cuz those breakouts left me with scar snow:(

ill continue cuz i love the moisture from it.

MemberMember
(@romey)

Posted : 05/01/2006 11:37 am

i am not sure if jojoba helps with scars, but it definitely helps with redness. it is an anti-inflamatory from what i read. personally, i have seen that jojoba calms my face considerably. as far as scars, the jess-foliation did seem to help a little with my scars, but they are still there.

wow awsome

i have been on jojoba for 3 weeks,...i had a big breakout...then it started to clear then i broek out a lil again..now its healing..i hope this is it

does it help with rednessand scars????? cuz those breakouts left me with scar snow:(

ill continue cuz i love the moisture from it.

MemberMember
(@cjb)

Posted : 05/01/2006 12:15 pm

Hey, sometimes I jessfoliate WITH jojoba oil. I do it sometimes in the shower and use warm water to get the excess oil off, but leave on the residue of oil to moisturize.

MemberMember
(@romey)

Posted : 05/17/2006 4:35 pm

well, it's been a couple weeks now and i'm still going strong. i have (just in the last 3 days) started adding a couple steps with the oil. after i wash off the jojoba oil in the morning (see my first post on this topic), i put a drop of avocado oil on my palm, rub it between my hands and then pat it all over my face for the day. avocado oil is a better sunscreen than jojoba, and i also wear a hat and sunglasses outside. then, after i wash the jojoba off at night, i put 2 drops of jojoba oil on my palm, rub it between my hands and pat my face with it for the night. these 2 new steps insure that my face stays moisturized. so far, i'm still clear. i am careful not to use more than 1 or 2 drops on the steps where i leave the oils on (for the whole day and the whole night), although i do still use the 5 drops of jojoba for the 1 hour cleansing step. sometimes i leave it on for less than an hour on that step. i have jessfoliated 2 times since starting this a few weeks ago. i may start only jessfoliating once a month if i keep staying clear on the jojoba method that i do.

MemberMember
(@dannie)

Posted : 05/18/2006 1:54 pm

no i leave it on...i read most people leave it on amd i started to only do it at night...but i stopped

MemberMember
(@romey)

Posted : 05/18/2006 6:38 pm

no i leave it on...i read most people leave it on amd i started to only do it at night...but i stopped

if you have time, tell me about your entire jojoba oil experience. i am interested to know if leaving it on or washing it off makes a difference. i would also like to know about the purging process. i haven't had a purging (yet). a long time ago when i first tried jojoba oil, i had left it on (a lot of it) for the whole night and i had every pore turn into white bumps like whiteheads within 2 days. i wonder if that was purging? well i stopped jojoba and went to jessfoliation and cleared up. then i started jojoba (washing it off) and stayed clear. now, leaving 1 drop on at night hasn't seemed to bother me, but we'll see. if i start to break out from leaving 1 drop on at night (or 1 drop of alvocado during the day), i will go back to washing it off only (like i listed in my first post on this topic).

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 05/18/2006 7:04 pm

Speak brands people, are there specific brands or ingredients in brands I need to avoid? Is the non-comodegenic jojoba you speak of available everywhere?

Lol!----> Jojoba oil may be able to fuel cars! Damn this oil is magic...

MemberMember
(@golfiscrap)

Posted : 05/18/2006 7:31 pm

Jojoba has a low comodegenic level . so leaving it on is probabily no different than washing it off. 4 me i leave it on because i calms the redness i get from rosacea.

MemberMember
(@tyler92)

Posted : 05/18/2006 7:45 pm

What exactly is the jojba oil doing - moisturizing, unclogging pores, gives a nice look to the face. etc. So many people use it for so many diff things, I never knew what it was for.

MemberMember
(@romey)

Posted : 05/19/2006 1:33 pm

Speak brands people, are there specific brands or ingredients in brands I need to avoid? Is the non-comodegenic jojoba you speak of available everywhere?

i use the aura cacia brand (which i mentioned in step 2 on my first post here). i am not sure if different brands make any difference. i was going to try desert essence next time because i think it is cheaper. the aura cacia was $14 for ? ounces (maybe 4 ounces?). i bought it at a health market, but i think you can get jojoba oil at the gnc store.

What exactly is the jojba oil doing - moisturizing, unclogging pores, gives a nice look to the face. etc. So many people use it for so many diff things, I never knew what it was for.

all of the above. it moisturizes, uncloggs pores and calms the redness in your face. if you leave it on for more than an hour, don't use too much. 1 or 2 drops is sufficient for leaving it on. if you wash it off before an hour, then 4 or 5 drops is fine.

MemberMember
(@rainybutterly)

Posted : 05/19/2006 1:34 pm

I used jess-foliation (oral-b toothbrush and Purpose Gentle Cleanser - no neosporin) for 5 or 6 months (mostly every day) and cleared up. I decided to try jojoba oil. I have done it for over a week without any jess-foliation and have stayed totally clear. My skin has never looked or felt better. I am 100% clear. I plan to still do the oral-b toothbrush thing once a week, but I havenat gotten around to it this week. I did not experience an initial purging breakout with the jojoba oil and that may be because my skin was already purged and cleared with the jess-foliation and the jojoba just maintains that clearness. I know it is the jojoba oil maintaining the clearness because, before I started with the jojoba oil, if I would not jess-foliate for a day or two, I would start to break out. I have not broken out since starting the jojoba oil. This is HOW I use the jojoba oil: (I do this in the morning and at night every day)

2. Immediately, I put 5 drops of pure jojoba oil (I use the Aura Cacia brand) on my palm and rub it between my palms and then smooth it over my entire face.

3. I put my hands on my forehead at the top of my face and gently smooth my hands down to my chin. I also put my hands on my nose and smooth my hands out toward my ears (across my cheeks). I do this over and over for a minute or two. I never rub upwards because I donat want to jam gunk back up into my pores.

4. I then leave the oil on my face for an hour (or atleast 30 minutes, but usually an hour).

5. Then I add warm water to my face and smooth my hands over my face again for about 30 seconds. Then I wash it off with very warm (not too hot) water and Purpose cleanser and dry my face.

This has worked better than anything I have ever tried and I would like to hear if it works for anyone else as well.

I must note that I tried jojoba oil a long time ago but I didnat use it the way I listed the steps above and all it did a long time ago was break me out.

That's great! I hope it will continue to work for you. Good Luck!!

MemberMember
(@campbells)

Posted : 05/20/2006 4:59 am

I used jess-foliation (oral-b toothbrush and Purpose Gentle Cleanser - no neosporin) for 5 or 6 months (mostly every day) and cleared up. I decided to try jojoba oil. I have done it for over a week without any jess-foliation and have stayed totally clear. My skin has never looked or felt better. I am 100% clear. I plan to still do the oral-b toothbrush thing once a week, but I havenat gotten around to it this week. I did not experience an initial purging breakout with the jojoba oil and that may be because my skin was already purged and cleared with the jess-foliation and the jojoba just maintains that clearness. I know it is the jojoba oil maintaining the clearness because, before I started with the jojoba oil, if I would not jess-foliate for a day or two, I would start to break out. I have not broken out since starting the jojoba oil. This is HOW I use the jojoba oil: (I do this in the morning and at night every day)

3. I put my hands on my forehead at the top of my face and gently smooth my hands down to my chin. I also put my hands on my nose and smooth my hands out toward my ears (across my cheeks). I do this over and over for a minute or two. I never rub upwards because I donat want to jam gunk back up into my pores.

I must note that I tried jojoba oil a long time ago but I didnat use it the way I listed the steps above and all it did a long time ago was break me out.

Pretty much exactly what I do and it's worked wonders.

MemberMember
(@romey)

Posted : 05/20/2006 3:33 pm

campbells,

did you go through a purging process?

MemberMember
(@someguydude)

Posted : 05/20/2006 3:43 pm

I leave 6 or more drops on and I didnt go through a purging process.... i really dont think it helps me a whole lot with clogged pores but it makes my skin so soft and wonderful i love it and will use it foreverrrrr..... supoosidly it helps bp absorb better and i read somewhere that it also supposidly tricks ur face into thinking its natural sebrum or whatever its called so it produces less so i figure it cant hurt

MemberMember
(@romey)

Posted : 05/20/2006 3:58 pm

oh and i also wanted to comment on how my skin is so smooth. i love waking up in the mornings to soft smooth skin and no unsightly surprises. jessfoliation kept me clear, but my skin wasn't as supple and calm as it is with the jojoba oil method i do. when jessfoliating, i was worried that i was exfoliating my skin a little too much. as we age, our skin gets thinner leading to wrinkles and aging skin. my mom was told not to exfoliate too often because of this. i didn't want my skin to thin too much for my age. anyway, i will exfoliate once a month. it will get any dead skin cells off that didn't come off in the 28 day natural exfoliation cycle of the skin. i love jessfoliation but, for my skin, i need to use it in moderation.

MemberMember
(@mortalzim2)

Posted : 05/20/2006 4:44 pm

I wish jojoba oil worked well for me as it did with all of you, but, it didn't, I started breaking out with little tiny bumps on my face, I don't know why....and could anyone please tell me what is jessfoliation, I have been hearing about it so much but don't really know anything about it other than it is an exfoliation method....and and if I exfoliate before I put jojoba oil do you think it would not cause me to break out...? thanks.

MemberMember
(@radin11)

Posted : 05/21/2006 2:26 am

Ok heres how I use Jojoba Oil.

First of all, it's mix with tea tree oil (in the same bottle, I just poured the TTO right in with it)

I was my face with a dove green tea extract soap, jessfoliating every OTHER night, while my face is still wet (like dripping wet) I rub the oil mixture into my face for about 60 seconds, until its thouroughly spread across my skin and rubbed it. I just do it once a day at night, and I leave it on

My skin also broke out with white heads in every pore when I started, but this has since gone away, so i'm assuming it was purging

MemberMember
(@campbells)

Posted : 05/21/2006 3:10 am

Romey,

I think I may have had a little purging but nothing crazy. And it definatly makes the skin soft and smooth and doesn't look at all oily by the end of the day like I've noticed a lot of moisturizers can do.

MemberMember
(@celebration)

Posted : 05/21/2006 4:28 am

I wish jojoba oil worked well for me as it did with all of you, but, it didn't, I started breaking out with little tiny bumps on my face, I don't know why....and could anyone please tell me what is jessfoliation, I have been hearing about it so much but don't really know anything about it other than it is an exfoliation method....and and if I exfoliate before I put jojoba oil do you think it would not cause me to break out...? thanks.

read about jess's exfoliation method here

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=55414

MemberMember
(@romey)

Posted : 05/21/2006 3:35 pm

someone sent an e-mail asking me about how i exfoliated with a toothbrush. i jessfoliated every day for atleast 5 months and it cleared me up. i had to do it every day or else i would break out. i tried to do it every other day and every 3 days, but i would break out. anyway, here is how i did it:

i bought the oral-b electric toothbrush for $9.99 at walmart. i replaced the head once a month and the batteries every other month (replacing the batteries makes a huge difference).

i jessfoliated once a day at night (so that my face would have time to calm down over the night while i slept).

1. i would wash my face with "purpose gentle cleanser" (less than $5.00 at walmart) then dry my face with a clean white cloth.

2. i would wet one cheek and lather it with a pea-sized drop (or less) of purpose

3. i would use the oral-b toothbrush in small circles in the clockwise direction for 1 minute then in the counter-clockwise direction for 1 minute.

4. i would rinse and dry that cheek then do the same thing with the other cheek, then my forehead, then my nose and finally my chin. (oh, but i would only do 1 minute on my nose and chin - 30 sec. each direction)

5. i would use a tiny bit of purpose and wash my face one more time then dry my face with a new (as in washed and dried - i didn't purchase a new cloth every day) clean white cloth.

6. i would wash the head of the toothbrush, dip it in alcohol for a while and then leave it to dry. the whole process took about 12 minutes or less.

i did not use anything else when doing the jessfoliation this way. sometimes i would put jojoba oil around my eyes and mouth (dry areas), but not all over my skin like i do now. i hope this answers any questions.

i too had tiny white bumps all over when i first started jojoba oil. then i switched to jessfoliation and after i cleared up, i started using jojoba oil the way i mentioned in my first post. i didn't get the white bumps this time. i think if i had just kept using jojoba oil, i would have cleared up from those white bumps because i have read so many people say that it happened to them and they cleared up. i hope you find a method that works well for you. if i had not found acne.org i am positive that i would still be fighting a losing battle against my acne problem.

MemberMember
(@romey)

Posted : 05/28/2006 4:51 pm

i stopped doing what i did in post # 5 of this thread because i got a couple pimples, and i went back to doing what i did in post #1 of this thread and cleared right back up. i guess i can't leave even a few drops on for more than an hour twice a day. i still leave on a drop of the oils around my eyes and mouth (to moisturize) during the day and night, but not all over my face. i do, ofcourse, put the jojoba oil all over my face for the steps i do in post #1 of this thread. it's been several weeks now and still going well. i am in my late 20s and have fought acne since i was 14. maybe my jojoba method will benefit someone with a similar scenario.

MemberMember
(@lawrence111)

Posted : 06/02/2013 4:06 pm

I got tiny white bumps as well only thing is it was extreme, all over my cheeks and forehead though you cannot see it in a mirror only if someone was looking at you. (I hate mirrors.)

My question is, if this was purging how long did it take before the bumps disappeared because I'm getting tired of going out and the next person who looks at me literally jaw-opened or wide-eyed and looks away!