Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Stephen*

Greasy Skin After I Stopped using BP

before i went on bp gels like a year and a half ago, i never had greasy skin, during treatments i never had greasy skin.

but now iv stopped using BP, i was my face as normal but during the day i get really greasy skin

how do i stop this?

tahnx

the reason ur skin is greasy is because it the BP made ur skin very dry (which causes u to produce more oil)

and if u come off right away ther is nothign to stop the oils... what ya gotta do is either use a lot of blotters to

keep ur oils under control like until ur skin adjusts to no more bp, get a oil absorbing moisturizer or go back on

BP and continuely reduce the amount u use so ur skin can adjust to the way it was before BP... i may not be

100% correct on this but i feel that this will work

so fitting,

what, if anything, are you using on your skin right now?

I looked at your signature, but not sure if that is still your current situation.

oh sorry, im washing with clearisil now but dont use the moisturiser anymore and i still take the lymecycline

thanx

Well, skin can and does change over time, and bp doesn't have any real effect on the oil glands. It may just be the change in products, or the way your skin has evolved over time. A year and a half is alot of time for hormones to change, climates to change, etc.

I have no idea what is in that Clearasil Sensitive wash, but likely it has something antibacterial in it? Or some SA?

Talk with the derm who is prescribing the

Lymecycline, that may or may not be part of the oiliness too.

Also, are you male or female? Any bc pills involved?

thanx in 17/Male and live in the UK

yeah, the Clearasil has laods of ingredients, some which are supposed to be comedogenic, but my face is alright using it. Pears soap is too drying, and the Simple soap i was using made small red pimples appear.

i may ask my doctor to recommend a face wash, or i heard some1 say about a foam applicator wash? ill ask him anyway about it.

Lucky for me, my doctor is a NHS GP but a derm for a private clinic aswell (smiles) which is cool lol

thanx for the advice

Yer I got greasy skin too, but it's slowly decreasing, it was my BP gel that was causing it.