Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CHACHACHU7

QUESTION ABOUT TRILUMA...

im new on this forum..but im wonderin have any of you guys used triluma on brown acne scars before? and does it work! my derm. recommended this to me, and when the brown spot fades..does it come back again?? or is that only for people wiht melasma..PLEASE HELPP! :cry:

im new on this forum..but im wonderin have any of you guys used triluma on brown acne scars before? and does it work! my derm. recommended this to me, and when the brown spot fades..does it come back again?? or is that only for people wiht melasma..PLEASE HELPP! :cry:

I have used Triluma on and off for last couple of years. In my opinion and experience, it is very effective for treating hyperpigmentation, black/brown pigmentation left by acne, and melasma. Melasma can come back ( if there is sun exposure without sunblock for example ) but brown spots left by acne don't come back. You would need to use it for atleast 6-8 weeks once a day to see results. The only down side is, it has topical corticosteroid in it to reduce redness that HQ and retino A can cause and so can not be used continuously for more than 8-10 weeks at a time. My derm always asks me to discontinue it after that and switches to something milder like Lustra or Aclaro. Pls. confirm this with your doctor. For more info, check their official website www.triluma.com