Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I been to a Derm for 2 years he talked me into trying all of his products and Minocycline and Doxycycline.My acne is still consistant and moderate.I asked him for accutane after 2 years and 2 anti-biotics and he said find a new doctor.So I tried "Klear Action acne system' which is basically Proactiv.It didn't work so i'm wondering if it is worth trying to go back to a Derm for Accutane.My doctor made it sound like it is the worst thing in the whole world and is only for people who have extreme acne.It seems too hard to get.Anyone know what to say...I don't want to start with stupid face washes agian that don't work.Can I just walk in there and say I want accutane?How did you guys do it?

Well, you can get accutane if you've tried lots of other meds/OTC stuff, and they haven't worked for you. You just need to make sure you're clear w/the doctor that you've already done all of those things, and that you're tired of trying different meds that don't work. If you're starting to scar, it would be helpful to mention that as well, since docs are probably going to be more likely to give it to you if the acne you have now is damaging your skin.

And find a new derm. The one you have now sounds worthless.

To be honest, most Derm's are pretty bad, and if you find a good one that actully cares about your problems, you just struck gold. Your best bet is to look around and find a good one and request that you get Accutane. Get aggressive if you have to.

Remember though, it's your money, so it's up to you to use your time wisely.

Good luck man, I had the same problem too.

My derm would not let me on tane so I asked other derms until I found one.

You should:

Create an organized list of all products you've tried with the bad results.

Let them know you're only interested in Accutane.

Make friends with the derm - Come off as a rational person who's not going to have mood swings.

My face isn't really scaring but I have the "red marks" from previous acne.I get a few whiteheads here and there and some blackheads on my nose also I get a lot of pimples which are hard and under the skin that don't have a Head I also have a lot of red marks on my back and shoulders acne at the most is moderate but it refuses to clear up and I have had it for about 3 years.

I won't get nasty with a new doctor I will just let them know I losing my patience and have tried a lot of different oral antibotics.benzoyl peroxide seems to work best for me but it isn't a real cure or a solution to the problem.Salicylic acid seems to dry my face out worse then BP and doesn't do much.Erythromycin didn't do much.Minocycline/doxycycline was the biggest waste of time.Glycolic acid seemed ok and did some prevention.Anyone know the best way to find a good doctor?