Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
danielle23

sunless tanner & acne treatments

I'm trying to find the best way to use both sunless tanner on my face and still be able to use acne treatments without my "tan" fading. For example, if you use BP...would you put it on first, then put the sunless tanner over it?

what kind of sunless tanners are recommended. I'm interested in trying them to get some colour onto my pale face, but I don't wanna aggravate my now tame acne or irritate my skin. I just started literally today the Neutrogena Build-A-Tan which says it's oil free and has SPF of 15 - it almost feels like the Cetaphil Daily Moisterizer with SPF 15 (which I love!).

So any suggestions?

Right now I'm using Jergen's Natural Glow for Face and I'm liking it a lot. It's very subtle, but it's not breaking me out and the smell is kind of nice.

Try doing your sunless tanning at night with a dap of Benzoyl Peroxide over large blemishes. But, focus more on applying your acne products during the day. If you're worried about breaking out from your sunless tanner, switch to a gel formuls like PC "Almost the Real Thing Self-Tanning Gel" from www.getthatglow.com which is the only self-tanner that does not break me out.

Good Luck,

Lisa

Also note that sunless tanners or self-tanners all essentially contain an ingredient called dihydroxyacetone which is not likely to cause skin irritation or breaksup, but it's the ingredient that darkens the skin. Now I experienced this so just a heads up - it darkens the most superficial or outer layer, so because I use retin-A (which I love) which helps exfoliate the outer layer - well, i get a very faint blotchiness because some parts are being exfoliated while other parts of my face are not as exfoliated simply due to the nature of the skin. I hope that makes sense to people - anyway, my main advice - don't overdo it with the self-tanners, and don't use it every day.