Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
thejuicer

Can I apply the CSR BP cream more often?...

So it's the weekend and I'm just surfing the web. I was looking at my face and noticed a few trouble spots. I had just gotten done with the first BP session for today, but was wondering if I could "spot treat" some of the more problematic areas a couple hours later. Do you guys think this is a good idea, or should I just follow the regimen to the T? Will it dry me out too much and make it worse? What are your experiences with it?

So it's the weekend and I'm just surfing the web. I was looking at my face and noticed a few trouble spots. I had just gotten done with the first BP session for today, but was wondering if I could "spot treat" some of the more problematic areas a couple hours later. Do you guys think this is a good idea, or should I just follow the regimen to the T? Will it dry me out too much and make it worse? What are your experiences with it?

I wouldnt think so mate, only in the morning and evening, just put more BP on them when your doing the regimen. I think it'll just irritate more :)

If the spot is gonna get bigger, get an icecube on it, and it will stun the growth and it will go away.

Just one thing... are you using a gel or a cream based BP?

BP gels work better than creams, at least for me. BP creams take a bit longer to absorb or simply stay in the surface. That's what I noticed at least when I used one. Overall, BP works better when it's properly absorbed into the skin.

When I had big pustules on my forehead about 2 weeks ago, I used to glide an ice on them for a few seconds after washing, then I did my regimen as usual but applied a bit more BP on those active spots. They healed well with this method.

But as the others said, doing the whole thing more than twice a day would definitely be too much.