Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
johnnyh

questions about a chemical peel... please help

please i need some help here...

i have red marks all over my face, nothing really bad, its just very shallow red marks, but i have a lot of them. cant stand them.

anyways i want to have a chemical peel done. nothing too strong. but if i go for something like a glyocic peel, what will i have to go through? anything like peeling, redness, swelling, or possibly looking grey/white like i seen in some makeover shows?

please just need help on knowing what will happen after the peel for me. i work a lot of hours dealing with people, dont want to look too bad.

thank you very much.

The peel slightly gives you a burning feeling, but they place a fan over your face to cool it down.

Relax. Theres no hardcore peeling, shedding, or swelling.

The peel slightly gives you a burning feeling, but they place a fan over your face to cool it down.

Relax. Theres no hardcore peeling, shedding, or swelling.

i did some research on the peel, and i do believe that it will only cause you to be slightly pink/or red for a few hours up to a day. doesnt sound too bad.

i was wondering what would happen if you had the peel done in certain spots rather than the whole face. example only on cheeks and nowhere else. would it look weird?

i'm also worried that if i have a slight breakout. can they perform the peel if you have a pimple or something?

thanks.

Heh.. It's funny you bumped this. I go in for a chemical peel tomorrow.

Yeah, youll be a little red for an hour or two. Not too bad.

Yep. I think it will look slightly weird with your cheeks the only part of your face cleaned and peeled. I say go for the whole face, if you can.

Yeah, they still can. I'm going in with a breakout all over my face (damn aloe!) and I'm hoping that the peel will lighten my spots and get rid of the pimples.

How much are you paying for your peel?

I'm sorta new to the whole 'getting a peel done' thing.

Where would you go to get one done? Like a spa or something?

hey "clearthisyear" did you go in for your chemical peel and if so how did it turn out for you?

i think this place that i'll be going to charges like $25.00 or something i believe. i'll have to call tomorrow and make a consultation.

i'm just trying to find out as much as i can before i go in. i'd like to be prepared and to know what to watch out for.

thanks.

It depends on your skin.

I'm very pale, but my skin seems to be able to handle anything.

I've used these products, and seen good results very quickly.

http://skincarerx.com/review_box.html?prid=775

http://skincarerx.com/review_box.html?pid=498

Dove Face Care Essential Nutrients, Day Lotion SPF 15

But I never actually peeled, although I've heard some people have. My understanding of AHAs is that they dissolve dead skin, and do something to encourage your body to make new skin.

Make sure you use sunblock. Not using it can mess up your skin.

hey "clearthisyear" did you go in for your chemical peel and if so how did it turn out for you?

i think this place that i'll be going to charges like $25.00 or something i believe. i'll have to call tomorrow and make a consultation.

i'm just trying to find out as much as i can before i go in. i'd like to be prepared and to know what to watch out for.

thanks.

Yep. It turned out pretty good. I went in, washed my face at the sink and they applied the peel which slighly burns for about 10 mins. Then I just washed it off. Afterwards, my Face looked very red and dry. About 3-5 hours later, My face looked extremely smooth and clean, and the spots have faded slightly.

They also gave me some antibiotics, (doxycycline) a brand new special BP to try and a retinoid ( differin ) to speed up the skin regeneration rate. :dance:

25 dollars? Are you sure you arent getting a facial? I've paid 150 for my chemical peel.