Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jgz

Are these worth it?

Guest tired of this shish

I'll assume your controlling oil because you have constant breakouts, right?

To me, all oil absorbing pads are created equal. What it did was create a dependency for me and I found myself wiping excessively which in turn aggravated my acne. It started with small red rashes which eventually turned into full blown pimples. But thats just me and those are the mechanics of my face. Personally, I just prefer to wash with a salicylic acid acne scrub cleanser especially if I know I'll be somewhere near a bathroom where not too many people frequent. If your on the go and your only choice are crowded public bathrooms where you can't wash off the excess oil then you really have no choice but to use the wipes OR you could try an oil absorbing moisturizer. I don't have too much experience with it because I quit it too early concerned with other things, but I once bought Neutrogena's Oil Free Moisturizer for Combination skin and I THINK it made my face feel matt in my oily areas while moisturizing the dry parts. Again, I didn't use it enough to know for sure. But your best bet is to try the moisturizer before the pads. There is a no chance that'll you'll breakout from the moisturizer because it is non-comodegenic. Although the pads are meant to treat acne, over-dependence and too much wiping will just make it worse.