Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
smeagol831

Proactive solution

People use the proactive solution too much ,skin gets dry and pores are blocked.

When you see the proctive solution product annoucement on TV you see alot of people using alot of proactive on their face but its wrong ,actually you have too:

1. wash your face with a gentle soap (Cetaphil)

2. put some Renewing cleanser (step1 solution) ,THE SIZE OF A PENNY in your hand ,scrub your hand together , wash your face.

3. Pat dry with a clean towel

4.Take a cotton pad , put ONLY 4 DROP of Revitalizing toner (step2 solution), apply on the entire face.

5. Put some reparing lotion, THE SIZE OF A GREEN PEA in your hand and with a finger apply on your face

Dont use more then that or you will have more breakout , if you dont bealive me call a proactive Customer Service 1 (800) 876-9717

post-40392-1146407217.gif

post-40392-1146407217.gif

Proactiv was a major part of my regime over the span of my acne life. Guess what, Cetaphil was the answer to my skin problems. Ive defended proactiv in the past because it did get rid of my acne to an extent..I was happy but after clearing my acne it left made skin texture i regret ever touching the stuff. anyways i broke out sometime 2 years later and gave up on proactiv after it stopped working and decided to give cetaphil a shot....been 4 weeks and my skin is healing from 2 years of proactiv. Happier now than i was.still get minor breakouts but doesnt bother me that much now.

proactiv is an overpriced product and dont see why something like that can cost that much. The membership plan is a load of crap, Its so hard to get off it,because the customer service at proactiv keep on making up damn excuses. IMO I wish i never ever came across the stuff...

My Fiancee swears by Proactive. She was using Jurlique face wash along with also. Her skin is all clear now. Only took a few weeks and it was quite harsh.

You've inspired me to write up a blog post now on Proactiv. Will let you know once I'm done.

Maybe it was the Jurlique products and not the Proactiv. Go figure :rolleyes:

i just got proactive today and i tried using that much that was posted but its way too little. a size of a pea for step 3 can not cover my face.

Um, the reason Proactiv didn't work for me was because I was using just a thin layer of it on my face (maybe four "green peas" worth). Now that I use a thick finger-length line of Dan's BP, my face has cleared up completely. The problem with Proactiv is that they don't tell you to use enough and don't give you enough BP in the bottle relative to the cleanser and toner for using more BP to be feasible.

No 1 green pea , on your hand and with your other hand finger apply on your face.

Its too risky to use more ,this product is made to kill bacteria that cause acne, not really to kill acne(but it does kill acne ,cause they need bacteria to stay alive).

post-40486-1146841401.gif

post-40486-1146841401.gif